Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Nov 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

A Christmas wish come true - travel and arrival day

Hello!

This is my first attempt at a trip report so please go easy on me! I figured I've read so many helpful ones (both to help plan and also to get over post Disney depression!) that it was only fair I at least have a go at writing one so here goes...

Firstly lets introduce the cast!

Me - Big kid at heart and a lover of all things Disney. Friends and family can't quite understand the thrill I get from meeting Disney characters - I never went as a kid so I'm having my time now and loving it! We had our first Disney trip to Orlando in June 2016 and I fell completely in love with the magic. I later visited DLP for the first time in June this year to celebrate turning "29 again"... I love planning and researching and am recently addicted to travel since meeting my boyfriend which brings me nicely on to...

Tom - my boyfriend of 3 and a half years. He sat out the trip in June as when I was booking it was only a few months after Orlando and he felt it would be too soon (pfffft! ). He massively regretted this and he chose to make it up to me by paying for us to go for my Christmas present as I'd made a passing comment in summer that i bet it was amazing at Christmas! Tom isn't as in to planning as I am and is more happy to take the day as it comes or follow my lead. Tom went to DLP years and years ago as a teen and wasn't a fan so he took a bit of convincing to give it a try especially after Orlando.

We decided to stay at Newport Bay after a bit of back and forth. I had originally planned Sequoia Lodge in my mind however for the dates it turned out to be more expensive so Newport Bay it was. We booked through Magic Breaks and I booked the flights with Easyjet directly. Next came transfers which I booked with Hoppa as I prefer this option to the shared transfer option even though a little dearer.

So next onto the travel/arrival day! (not much Disney here I'm afraid but it you read on the rest of the holiday is full disney!)

We were flying on the 5.30pm flight from Manchester as originally we thought we would have to work in the morning so it was nice when we both found out we could have the full day off. We woke up around 10ish from memory, got ourselves showered and ready and did the last minute packing and bits around the house. A quick trip to Sainsburys for a travel kettle and to pick up our Euros and we were ready for our airport lift. I was very unorganised this trip as I'd had a problem with my back the weekend before we went which left me thinking we'd never be able to go at all! Thankfully a mixture of rest and painkillers seemed to get me through

My dad had kindly agreed to take us however with shift work it meant we had to arrive at the airport a little early. Now I am a very nervous flyer so I would rather be at the airport early to keep stress levels to a minimum! We were picked up around 2 but as usual I was running late and had a pleasant journey to the airport arriving for about 3 o clock.

Smooth check in and self luggage drop (what on earth is this about - I am not a fan at all! ) and onward we went. Quick mooch around the shops and then we went for a nice lunch at Bar MCR at Terminal 1... pic below... (hopefully if I've done it right! )

This was yummy and a nice start to the very poor food choices ahead and the holiday drinking heavily featured lol!

Before we knew it it was time to board and off we went. i hate flying but don't remember anything too unpleasant about the flight itself. I binge watched Tim Tracker videos off you tube that Tom had downloaded for me on the plane!

On we go...Landed approx 7.50pm, passport control, baggage, hoppa aaaaaaand WE ARE HERE!

We arrive at Newport Bay around 9pm. There was no queue for check in so we were given our tickets, character breakfast tickets and room keys and off we went to our room. I had been sneaky and upgraded us to a Christmas room given Tom had paid for the holiday. I had somehow not told him (I know - well done me! ).

Here was our room - we were delighted! I loved the view too as in Summer I paid for a lakeside room and my view was nothing like as good as this. All in all I was impressed. ** Spoiler alert - look away now if don't want to see the gifts given in the room **

We dropped the bags and off we went heading to Disney Village for the first time this holiday. It was very strange being the one who knew where we were going most of this holiday - I am directionally challenged and not afraid to admit that I got lost coming out of a toilet in Vegas once!

We headed straight for the sports bar where we had a large beer and a relax outside. Yes it is November and yes it isn't warm but there was something quite pleasant about sitting outside in the Disney village watching the world go by.

By this time we were quite peckish and given the time, our big airport meals and our energy levels we decided a quick bite at the sports bar would be quite enough for us. I ordered the ham and cheese baguette which was amazing and Tom had the burger which he said was really nice. He also polished off 1/3 of my sandwich as it was just huuuuuuge. I would really recommend the food here based on this experience. it was quite cheap compared to elsewhere and it was the cheapest drink prices also which was nice as with the time we got to Disney tonight was always going to be just a bit of a night out really.

From here we decided to head back to Newport bay and have a cocktail in the bar before bed. I cannot remember what mine was called but it was really yummy!

One cocktail accidentally turned into a nightcap (please don't judge me lol!) and I decided upon the hot chocolate with hazelnut liquor however they had ran out of hazelnut so the lady offered me vanilla. This was possibly one of the nicest hot chocolates I've ever had in my life and look at the cute adorable mini chocolate it came with!

So after this we decided to get a not so early night ready for the day ahead tomorrow. The beds in Newport Bay are so amazingly comfortable and after the drinks sleep came very naturally!

Really enjoyable travel day :-) Plenty of disney from here on out i promise! xx
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice start! Looking forward to reading more.