Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 29 Dec 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stretlow
Gone all Goofy

Tickets (first timer) so confusing.

Hi there

I'm finding the packages quite confusing to get around at the moment.

There are 9 of us in our party (6 Adults and 3 kids aged 3/6/9.

My Dad is with us and cant walk about for 2 weeks straight so we are definitely going to be having pool days so want to pick and choose what parks. We'll also probably only go in the parks once ( i think )

I think the short list is:-

Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Seaworld
Harry Potter (the kids are bonkers on it)
and Kennedy Space Centre.

Although This isn't the final list as i've not researched all the parks

As there is a cross over i'm unsure whats best to do.

Any help is massively appreciated

Stret
Stretlow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stretlow View Post
Hi there

I'm finding the packages quite confusing to get around at the moment.

There are 9 of us in our party (6 Adults and 3 kids aged 3/6/9.

My Dad is with us and cant walk about for 2 weeks straight so we are definitely going to be having pool days so want to pick and choose what parks. We'll also probably only go in the parks once ( i think )

I think the short list is:-

Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Seaworld
Harry Potter (the kids are bonkers on it)
and Kennedy Space Centre.

Although This isn't the final list as i've not researched all the parks

As there is a cross over i'm unsure whats best to do.

Any help is massively appreciated

Stret
It's really difficult to suggest any tickets without having a rough idea of all the parks you're going to do, and for how many days.

I honestly think that you will be adding Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and possibly the Disney water parks to your list, but that will be your choice. Also Universal have the 2 parks plus Volcano Bay water park. If your kids love Harry Potter they will more than likely want to ride the Hogwarts Express so you will need a ticket that lets you park hop for this.

For Disney you can get Magic Your Way Tickets just for how many days you want to visit, but there will come a point where it will work out cheaper to get the 14 day tickets. The same with Universal, you can get tickets just for how many days you want to visit, or a 14 day ticket, you may be better off getting a 2 day Park to Park ticket, but the choice is yours. For SeaWorld you can get a 1 day ticket.

I have put some links below just for you to see some tickets/details/prices. There are some cheaper prices about, but this is just to give you some idea of what's out there.

Disney Magic Your Way Tickets. Also on undercovertourist.com

orlandoattractions/t...kets-worldwide

Universal Base and Hopper Tickets. Also on undercovertourist.com. If you want to ride the Hogwarts Express you will need the Park to Park tickets.

orlandoattractions/t...dios-worldwide,

Disney and Universal 14 day tickets, including the Combos.

Disney 14 Day

orlandoattractions/t...ltimate-ticket

Universal 14 day

orlandoattractions/t...-park-explorer

Disney and Universal Combo

orlandoattractions/t...iversal-3-park

Kennedy Space Centre

orlandoattractions/t...y-Space-Center

SeaWorld

undercovertourist.com

As I said, the links above are just to give you some idea of what's out there.

You might also want to ask for some advice about planning your trip on the Trip Planning Forum.

When you have some idea of exactly what you're going to do, come back and we will see if we can help you choose the best tickets.

Sorry that I couldn't give you some better options, but as I said, without knowing how many parks you will definitely be visiting it is really difficult to suggest anything.

Also welcome to the Dibb

Edited at 04:51 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I personally would drop Seaworld - you just dont have time to do all parks, only do Kennedy if its a must do - you may find the children dont enjoy it as much as any space mad adults, maybe they space lovers could go while other adults go with the children to a water park or revisit a different park? Our first time we visited Magic kingdom 3 x, Epcot 3 x and animal kingdom twice - the parks are huge.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Stretlow
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
It's really difficult to suggest any tickets without having a rough idea of all the parks you're going to do, and for how many days.

I honestly think that you will be adding Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and possibly the Disney water parks to your list, but that will be your choice. Also Universal have the 2 parks plus Volcano Bay water park. If your kids love Harry Potter they will more than likely want to ride the Hogwarts Express so you will need a ticket that lets you park hop for this.

For Disney you can get Magic Your Way Tickets just for how many days you want to visit, but there will come a point where it will work out cheaper to get the 14 day tickets. The same with Universal, you can get tickets just for how many days you want to visit, or a 14 day ticket, you may be better off getting a 2 day Park to Park ticket, but the choice is yours. For SeaWorld you can get a 1 day ticket.

I have put some links below just for you to see some tickets/details/prices. There are some cheaper prices about, but this is just to give you some idea of what's out there.

Disney Magic Your Way Tickets. Also on undercovertourist.com

Universal Base and Hopper Tickets. Also on undercovertourist.com. If you want to ride the Hogwarts Express you will need the Park to Park tickets.

Disney and Universal 14 day tickets, including the Combos.

Disney 14 Day

Universal 14 day

Disney and Universal Combo

Kennedy Space Centre

SeaWorld

undercovertourist.com

As I said, the links above are just to give you some idea of what's out there.

You might also want to ask for some advice about planning your trip on the Trip Planning Forum.

When you have some idea of exactly what you're going to do, come back and we will see if we can help you choose the best tickets.

Sorry that I couldn't have given you some better options, but as I said, without knowing how many parks you will definitely be visiting it is really difficult to suggest anything.

Also welcome to the Dibb
Wow.What a post! and thank you for the welcome

i'm just about to finish work so ill give this a good read later.

I did outline what our family have been discussing visiting in my post re the parks but am confused at all the different packages I will def report back though once i've thoroughly been through your links.

Thanks again
Stretlow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Stretlow
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I personally would drop Seaworld - you just dont have time to do all parks, only do Kennedy if its a must do - you may find the children dont enjoy it as much as any space mad adults, maybe they space lovers could go while other adults go with the children to a water park or revisit a different park? Our first time we visited Magic kingdom 3 x, Epcot 3 x and animal kingdom twice - the parks are huge.
Yeah we realise we don't have time do everything so have just thrown some ideas about on what we do want... for example my mum has requested seaworld and both me my wife and my eldest are mad on the space stuff so we really want to see Kennedy.
Old 29 Dec 17, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Things to take into account.

you wont get to ride everything or even see everything spending only one day in each park (well magic kingdom/animal kingdom wise anyway due to their fast pass system you wont get on all the big rides)

Universal has two parks and a water park, both parks have a harry potter area, with a large ride and other stuff. (not as much stuff for the 3 year old to do though compared with disney)

Might be worth speaking to your dad and mentioning a wheel chair? (we hired my father in law one for animal kingdom as its a huge park with a lot of walking) means you could still do a park without any physical strain on him?

With your list if you have universal and islands of adventure planning a day at each thats 6 days? Gonna have a lot of pool days?

Maybe look into the parks more, why does mother want to do sea world? Animal kingdom has a lot of animals, epcot has the nemo section, some parks have similar some dont.

I like seaworld love seeing my daughter feed the dolphins.

Edited at 05:23 PM.
Powlay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stretlow
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
Things to take into account.

you wont get to ride everything or even see everything spending only one day in each park (well magic kingdom/animal kingdom wise anyway due to their fast pass system you wont get on all the big rides)

Universal has two parks and a water park, both parks have a harry potter area, with a large ride and other stuff. (not as much stuff for the 3 year old to do though compared with disney)

Might be worth speaking to your dad and mentioning a wheel chair? (we hired my father in law one for animal kingdom as its a huge park with a lot of walking) means you could still do a park without any physical strain on him?

With your list if you have universal and islands of adventure planning a day at each thats 6 days? Gonna have a lot of pool days?

Maybe look into the parks more, why does mother want to do sea world? Animal kingdom has a lot of animals, epcot has the nemo section, some parks have similar some dont.

I like seaworld love seeing my daughter feed the dolphins.
some more good advice here. I'll do some more swatting up i think as im still wey of having a good idea yet.

Thanks for all the input it really is appreciated
Old 29 Dec 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Is it your first visit?

We have been going for many a time and one thing ive noticed is when someone goes for the first time they try and do too much, they want to visit everything and often miss out because they bounce about sooooo much.

Personally id be looking at a day at sea world, 2 days at universal, then some disney.

Kennedy interests us but we've always had little ones with us so decided against it as there doesnt seem enough to keep them entertained.
Old 29 Dec 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

There were 10 if us on our first visit and despite being reluctant at first my mum found an electric wheelchair really handy (even if she parked it up for a while) for getting to the entrances/back to the car parks etc. On our first visit we tried to do too much. We just didn’t quite realise the enormity of ‘Orlando’. We did The Disney parks, Universal and Seaworld and it just meant we didn’t do any justice. This time (same 10 of us) we just did Disney and Kennedy. We felt we enjoyed our holiday much more especially with the wide range of ages and we covered a lot more of Disney without rushing through everything. I appreciate how overwhelming it is!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Stretlow
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
Is it your first visit?

We have been going for many a time and one thing ive noticed is when someone goes for the first time they try and do too much, they want to visit everything and often miss out because they bounce about sooooo much.

Personally id be looking at a day at sea world, 2 days at universal, then some disney.

Kennedy interests us but we've always had little ones with us so decided against it as there doesnt seem enough to keep them entertained.
Yeah its our first... i think im trying to do the opposite theres only 6 parks listed above and we're actually there for 16 days..