Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Feb 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
BOG after 7DMT

Hi,

I'm going to apologise in advance as I know this is a topic that is discussed A LOT on here but I can't seem to find the answer to this burning question

So, I know that the holy grail of BOG breakfast ADRs is an 08:00hrs breakfast in the hope that it is finished in good time to go and get in a small queue for 7DMT before the masses arrive from rope drop.

However, given that an 08:00 ADR is hard to get and given that I want to go to MK and BOG on my first morning (therefore trying to book it at 180+0)... is it at all feasible to book BOG for 09:15hrs and then try to ride 7DMT beforehand?

If we have a reservation for BOG at 09:15, will they let us into MK at say 08:30 and we can try to get on 7DMT just before our reservation rather than after? Or do they only let you in just before the time of the restaurant booking?

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any advice.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Try to get 8am and if not go for lunch instead! Still a QS credit and you won’t waste missing out on the lower crowd numbers in the morning.

I dont know the answer to your question but thats an alternative if you dont get a positive answer. I would imagine you will be held at the rope drop point which would give you plenty of time to make it for 9:!5 but won’t help with mine train.

Edited at 04:26 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The main flaw with your alternate plan is everyone is let into MK now between 7:45-8am and allowed up to The Hub. Guests with pre-9am ADRs for CRT or BOG are then allowed past the ropes - I don't know if they hold you to a particular time, or if anyone with a PPO can go through. But a 9:15 ADR wouldn't qualify to be let through early, so you'd be in the regular RD with the masses. Which means you'd have to turn up to MK well before 7:45 to be at the front of those crowds.

I got an 8am BOG at 180+1 (first full day) so it's certainly possible to get them! I'd be aiming for anything up to around 8:30 then showing up to the rope at 8 and see if they let you through. And have a backup FP for 7DMT just in case. Most people have multiple days at MK and there aren't that many attractions that actually need FPs (especially if you're there for RD) so you can easily FP all the headliners.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

If you have a booking for BOG which pre park opening you can get through.

So if your reservation is 8:55 you can get through just like someone with a 8:05.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Ah ok, this all makes perfect sense. Thanks so much

I'll wait and try to get 08:00 or thereabouts and if not then adjust FP plans accordingly. I haven't even thought about those yet
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
maclondon
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
If you have a booking for BOG which pre park opening you can get through.

So if your reservation is 8:55 you can get through just like someone with a 8:05.
I have an 8:50 for an upcoming trip - I'm planning to go in hopefully RIDE 7DMT then get my BOG after - which means being a little late?

eat breakfast - pre ordered
then do splash and big thunder walk on with next to no queues.

also looks like you may be able to go early on BOG:
"I find the only exception to the arriving- early rule is when it comes to early morning ADR’s. I had an 8:20 am dining reservation at Be Our Guest on my last visit and was seated as soon as I arrived at a little after 8:00am. This makes sense considering that the restaurants are still filling up rather than already being at capacity and running behind. Though I’m sure it can and does happen, guests shouldn’t count on the same level of accommodation during peak dining times."

so if i go in a 8am for my 8:50 it may be fine..
maclondon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by maclondon View Post
I have an 8:50 for an upcoming trip - I'm planning to go in hopefully RIDE 7DMT then get my BOG after - which means being a little late?

eat breakfast - pre ordered
then do splash and big thunder walk on with next to no queues.

also looks like you may be able to go early on BOG:
"I find the only exception to the arriving- early rule is when it comes to early morning ADR’s. I had an 8:20 am dining reservation at Be Our Guest on my last visit and was seated as soon as I arrived at a little after 8:00am. This makes sense considering that the restaurants are still filling up rather than already being at capacity and running behind. Though I’m sure it can and does happen, guests shouldn’t count on the same level of accommodation during peak dining times."

so if i go in a 8am for my 8:50 it may be fine..
The post 9am ADR will do nothing to assist with queues. However I don’t think you need an 8:00am ADR either. Mine were 8:20 and 8:35 I think and both times I was easily able to get near the front of the 7DMT queue.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We had no issues getting BOG breakfast for 08:00 in August.
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
maclondon
Excited about Disney

last time i went i had an 8:15 BOG - and around 8:50 they removed the rope and let you in - ahead of those coming in from the main gates
- they do hold you back from BOG but a few meters away not the whole sprint!
maclondon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I booked a 8.05am BOG today for our first morning in August no problem. Don't think the early reservations go as quickly as we think.
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List