Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Feb 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Proper Pie is near Posner Park, so we will be paying them a visit!
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Slightly different question for you foodys.

What and where serves the best pie?

My daughter is celebrating her 30th while we are there and she chose Olive Garden for her choice if dinner, however, that will not be anything new for us.

Can anyone suggest where to have pie?

Thank you
If you are talking dessert pies then another vote for Perkins on the S.West corner of the 192/Poinciana junction which is just across the 192 from the Olive Garden you will probably use given where you are staying. I have eaten just about every dessert pie in Orlando and keep coming back to this place. If your daughter really wants Olive garden then eat there and then take a short "roadtrip" to eat pie and coffee across the road. Lots of people do that. Try the wildberry or the cherry pie, on their own or with cream or "a la mode".

Or eat there. The food is good. sign up to their website before you go and get a discount code. There is another one for birthdays too.

Link to menu is
perkinsrestaurants/menu/
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Pie

Sorry peeps should of said savoury!

Think it will be Copper Pot

Will be looking out for some of these

Edited at 03:20 PM. Reason: adding
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

Cracker Barrel for Chicken Pot Pie on Wednesdays, usually sold out before 1pm.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

Hash House Agogo also does a fantastic chicken pot pie in a ‘Mexican hat’ shaped pastry.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersmum
Apprentice Imagineer

I has a lovely chicken pot pie in Hash House a Go Go on I-Drive, it was huge, I couldn't eat it all. You can't see but underneath the "lip" of the pie at the back of this picture is a lot of mash potato.

Edited at 03:38 PM.
tiggersmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggersmum View Post
I has a lovely chicken pot pie in Hash House a Go Go on I-Drive, it was huge, I couldn't eat it all. You can't see but underneath the "lip" of the pie at the back of this picture is a lot of mash potato.

The mash is great. We asked for takeout boxes, had large lunches out of the leftovers the next day, and still couldn’t eat it all.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jiljo View Post
The mash is great. We asked for takeout boxes, had large lunches out of the leftovers the next day, and still couldn’t eat it all.
It was one of the better meals of our trip, we had bought a voucher for $80 that cost $40 and the meal came to just over the $80 for 4 of us including a couple of cocktails. The waiter said just call it quits. We left him a decent tip though.

The pie alone could have fed the 4 of us I think. The homemade nachos to start were awesome too.
tiggersmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Apologies for jumping in on this thread but it seemed a bit silly to start a new one.

What is a " ... pot pie"? Is it any different to another meat and gravy type pie?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Apologies for jumping in on this thread but it seemed a bit silly to start a new one.

What is a " ... pot pie"? Is it any different to another meat and gravy type pie?
It is just an individual pie cooked in its own tin rather than say a tray back where you would get a slice. Usually just has a lid of pastry.