Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 12, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell1971
Apprentice Imagineer

tinkerbell1971's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Torag View Post
Really wish people would see how wrong it is to have these huge beautiful mammals living in concrete pools doing tricks purely for our entertainment. So far from the life they would lead in the wild. We are heading to Florida in 11 weeks, can't wait but will definitely NOT be visiting seaworld. would love if people would take some time to think about this before going to these parks. X
Seaworld is a lovely park and the animals are looked after, you can go to the website and it will give you all details about what they do for the animals on there. I am all for animals being well looked after and being at there best but would they survive in the wild i don't think they would tbh. Why should we stop visiting the park although i do understand if you have your beliefs but when we go in August we WILL be visiting Seaworld a couple of times and look forward to it too. Love watching the dolphin show best part of the show imo. There are loads of things to do there we all love it.
tinkerbell1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 12, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Awesome news

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 12, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really wish people would see how wrong it is to have these huge beautiful mammals living in concrete pools doing tricks purely for our entertainment. So far from the life they would lead in the wild. We are heading to Florida in 11 weeks, can't wait but will definitely NOT be visiting seaworld. would love if people would take some time to think about this before going to these parks. X
Sea world do amazing work in animal rescue and rehabilitation. The animals are well looked after and their welfare is of paramount importance. Our family are animal lovers and would not go to some of the animal shows out there. We have visited sea world every one of our 11visits and will be going there this year. The park is not just about killer whales doing tricks but about a wide range of animals being cared for.
johnny1352 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dididave
Imagineer

dididave's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Pretty sure people do think about the things Torag mentions before going the parks but it's a personal choice and if you feel (as I do) that the benefits outweigh any welfare concerns then you will go.
Old 4 Apr 12, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

SeaWorld is an amazing park and it’s up to you if you go or not but SeaWorld dose so much great work out in the wild that I think IMO it’s a bit narrow minded what you say what you say just to judge them on theme parks. And if it was not for their theme parks they could not fund the reserch, rescue & help ect That they do behind the scenes.
The animals are NOT just there for entertainment purpose but also to educate people on animals and what damage we humans are doing to their habitat and what we can do to help them, educating and making a bond with animals is a big part of what SeaWorld do.
And I suppose that you have no sort of pets at home, a rabbit, bird, and hamster, ECT in a cage or a fish in a bowl the list could go on and on.
AND YES we think long and hard about if we go to this sort of park, If you did go and see how well SeaWorld treat their animals with all the love and care instead of just condemning it without seeing for yourself.

My whole family love SeaWorld and is one of our favourite highlights of our holiday we spend 4/5 days each visit just in SeaWorld alone. And I am involved with many animal protection programs in the UK so I do have a very good understanding of what an animal needs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 12, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been to seaworld twice before (once as a child and once as an adult) so have managed to make my mind up myself. An no i do not have any rabbits, hamster, birds etc as I feel this would also be unfair. Having visited the park myself and felt uncomfortable with it I decided to do extensive reading on the subject deciding that they are a huge profit making organization who like to hide behind the guise of providing education. I appreciate the conservation and rescue work they do but can not accept keeping these beautiful creatures in tanks! Totally respect everyone has their own opinions though just would like if everyone just took the time to have a think about it before!

Thanks! Looking forward to our holiday! 11 weeks today! X
Old 5 Apr 12, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Several of their animals have been born at Seaworld and would not stand a chance in the wild. They are not doing tricks purely for our entertainment and most of the what you probably think are 'party tricks' are far from but are used by the trainers to ensure their fitness and to make sure they stay healthy.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 12, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

I have been to seaworld twice before (once as a child and once as an adult) so have managed to make my mind up myself. An no i do not have any rabbits, hamster, birds etc as I feel this would also be unfair. Having visited the park myself and felt uncomfortable with it I decided to do extensive reading on the subject deciding that they are a huge profit making organization who like to hide behind the guise of providing education. I appreciate the conservation and rescue work they do but can not accept keeping these beautiful creatures in tanks! Totally respect everyone has their own opinions though just would like if everyone just took the time to have a think about it before!

I disagree with your statement yes, Merlin and Blackstone are a huge profit making organisation second only to Disney but they do a lot of conservation work that is not in the headlines and you are probably not aware of. Our son has been behind the scenes and exchanged protocols and practices with them on breeding of certain species with them and exchanged research ideas. There is a lot going on which is not put out on public servers.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 12, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

We have just come back and watched the killer whale show having seen it before when I was younger it still made me cry it's still amazing and actually we thought there was still alot of trainer/whale interaction in fact you barely notice them not getting in the water each whale seemed to have a favoured human guide... We paid for the behind the scenes tour this time and the work they do for animals in the wild and bringing animals back to full health and also there release back into the wild numbers was phenomenal and a real eye opener... Alot of the animals in the public domain at seaworld were born at seaworld and would never survive in the wild and would also suffer without human interaction... We loved seaworld and would definately go again trainers in or out of the water... X
Old 6 Apr 12, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell1971
Apprentice Imagineer

tinkerbell1971's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3

bet you have your photo taken with Mickey and Minnie MOUSE
tinkerbell1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List