Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 14, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I can see some cars land attractions but not the racing car as the park already got that at Epcot. I wonder if the props and clothes building will go as well.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 14, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
I was upset when they took away the Golden Girls house I actually love the Backlot Tour and whilst I know updates are necessary I will really miss it.
Old 2 Oct 14, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
I was upset when they took away the Golden Girls house I actually love the Backlot Tour and whilst I know updates are necessary I will really miss it.
Always thought how funny it was that the house frontage was in Orlando, the story was set in Miami but the episodes were filmed in Los Angeles.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 14, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

does anyone have any idea when the new TSM will be completed?
When we went this year I think about 90% of the crowd were heading to it.
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 14, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Always thought how funny it was that the house frontage was in Orlando, the story was set in Miami but the episodes were filmed in Los Angeles.
I know but we just loved the programme - I forget all the other houses - just remember that one fondly. Thanks for the pic by the way!
Old 7 Oct 14, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
84CJ
Excited about Disney

Having just come back and been on the Backlot Tour, I think it has reduced so much from when we went on it first 24 years ago, that it needs to go.

My abiding memory of the backlot tour is the water tank part. Back on our trip in 94 (can that be 20 years ago?) I was one of those picked out of the queue to put on the rubber suits and get soaked by the water coming down from the storage tank.

84CJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 14, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Opulent73
Excited about Disney

Opulent73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I would love to see something to do with Phineas and Ferb.. Not just a meet and greet.. :-/
Old 9 Oct 14, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
I think DHS has lost its way. The whole idea was to put you in the movies and the excitement of how they are made. The first thing they should do before building anything new is take a good look at what they have got and decide what should go, what should be updated or refurbed and only then should they expand the place. The ruin started when they bunged that wretched hat in front of Grauman's theatre. They ruined the whole vista of the park. They could do to take a leaf out of the Calfornia Adventure park at Disneyland. That has been remodelled to represent the Hollywood that Walt would have seen -trolley buses, art deco stores and restaurants. You feel you are in Hollywood and the centre of film making. That feeling was almost there at DHS when they added Tower of Terror and the ampitheatre for Fantasmic. Then they started to let things slip. DHS has become a mish mash and it really needs some sorting out. Disney proved they can inject a newness into its parks with the remodelling of Fantasyland. As for Avatarland at DAK - I'm not so sure.
This is a great opportunity to make DHS great again but I seriously think they'll miss their goal.
Absolutely agree with this. I'm surprised that so many people are upset about the backlot tour closing as it really is a shell of its former self. As Jason said, the only good bit left was the quick glimpse at the costume department. I also loved the tour back in the day with the Golden Girls house and Honey I Shrunk The Kids movie set. The tour as it was when it closed recently was pretty redundant.

I would love to see them focus the front half of the park on the golden age of Hollywood as Geoff mentions (and definitely get rid of the hat, keeping the Chinese Theater.) I would also love them to keep the Great Movie Ride but give it a good refurb as the animatronics are not very good, and an update with some more modern classics. I don't think it's been confirmed that this ride is going anywhere soon, as I've read that they have private event bookings in the space for the next few years ($$$.)

I wish they would announce something already though about what is coming to the Studios. They've closed American Idol and Backlot Tour without announcing what we have to look forward to, and it hasn't even been formally announced that the third TSMM track is going into Soundstage 1 despite the construction now taking place.

I'd love to see a Pixar Place expansion rather than Toy Story Playland. I've heard rumours of a Monsters Inc. door coaster and the Ratatouille ride from DLP (although that's on 5 year exclusivity to Paris.) I've also heard it suggested that some of the Cars Land stuff from California may feature, but I think some of that has been on the table for years but has been cut. Interesting that John Lasseter was at the Studios recently with execs though so fingers crossed for a Pixar expansion.

I would definitely prefer those to copies of the likes of the Toy Story Soldiers Parachute Drop (terrible capacity at DLP) and the Cars spinners from DLP (ditto - although part of the problem in Paris is the inefficient CMs loading the rides.)

Also strongly rumoured to be a Star Wars expansion coming to the park which doesn't appeal to me personally but wasn't it suggested that only Star Wars could be a real 'Potter Swatter.' I really do feel pleased that they are finally giving the Studios some love (also heard they will be changing the name of the park to something like 'Disney's Hollywood Adventure' as Studios doesn't work anymore.) Maybe after that they can get started on Epcot Future World .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 14, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List