Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Please, please dibbers, if you have an elderly relative still driving then do whatever you can to stop them... better that than they have an accident and kill someone...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Please, please dibbers, if you have an elderly relative still driving then do whatever you can to stop them... better that than they have an accident and kill someone...
It would be 'easier ' in some ways to have a standard competency test. Save reli s from having to make heart breaking conversations ... balancing fragile removal of freedoms against accident risk. Everyone doing this faces a thin line... if they are aware enough to do so!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

If it turns out it was his fault,I wonder if the police will be prosecuting for driving without due care and attention like the rest of us would be?
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I know just how difficult it is, even after losing my niece my mum still insisted on driving, neither my sister or I could stop her... the police did however when she collided with a motorcyclist who ended up in hospital... she took a very sharp left turn quite wide and was on the wrong side of the road, but she still blamed the motorcyclist...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

I work in a care home and knownof at least 2 men that carried on driving way past the time they should have.
Both of them could barely even walk, both needed walking frames etc.
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry but I have missed anything?

I didn’t see anywhere on the news that it was his fault?

My sincere condolences to the posters who have lost loved ones, but to blanket ban older drivers is wrong, there are just as many if not more dangerous drivers in any age bracket.

Anyway I bet he’s at the dealership by 9am with is cheque book!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Like others I wish there was an age where licences were taken away or at least a test of some sort had to be taken annually. My grandad is 99 and lives in a small rural village with no shop. He had an accident once when he was probably in his late 70s and had to retake his test which he passed but i don't think he should still be driving now. I don't think he goes out in the car now other than in the village to church but even that is too much and it scares me. We have said to other family before but I think they don't want to see him lose his last bit of independence. Would hate for him to cause an accident.
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Wow 3 pages judging an issue we know little about. Talk about trial by social media.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Wow 3 pages judging an issue we know little about. Talk about trial by social media.
‘Tis the way now
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There are many people not fit to drive and it's nothing to do with age. There will also be many examples of 20/30/40 and 50 yr olds doing the same thing.
The lady across the street hit the accelerator rather than the break and her car went through the front of my house, she was 34
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List