Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 Apr 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Kennedy Space Centre and airboat ride

Hi, my husband is very keen to visit the space centre on our next trip - we won't be hiring a car, so wanted tickets with coach included. Then I spotted these on Attraction Tickets Direct website, which include an airboat ride on the same day.
attraction-tickets-direc...at-safari-tour

He is keen to do that too and combining them is so much cheaper than doing both separately, as we would need the coach for both. Just wondering if anyone else has done the same and whether it was good - the reviews on ATD look positive, but it's always good to hear from others. Thanks.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneypls
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
Hi, my husband is very keen to visit the space centre on our next trip - we won't be hiring a car, so wanted tickets with coach included. Then I spotted these on Attraction Tickets Direct website, which include an airboat ride on the same day.

He is keen to do that too and combining them is so much cheaper than doing both separately, as we would need the coach for both. Just wondering if anyone else has done the same and whether it was good - the reviews on ATD look positive, but it's always good to hear from others. Thanks.
I’d be interested to hear reviews too as I won’t have a car and would love to take kids
Disneypls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I haven't done this tour but have done both things. My thoughts are both good and worth doing. I don't know whether trying to squeeze them in on one day means that your time at KSC would be compromised.

If possible for you I would look at hiring a car for the day, or two days and do one one day and the other the next.

If not practical then could maybe look to do KSC one day by trip and do airboat via Uber another to say wild Florida for example and spend longer there.

You can go on trip to KSC via company like ATD or greyline do transport only at 60usd pp. Floridatix have adults at child prices entry to KSC at moment.

If wanting to Def do joint trip with coach do have a hunt around as prices do vary. It may only be a few ££ but every little helps. Floridatix for example are doing same trip for £91 pa atm.

Sorry, maybe not super helpful but gives you more info to help decide.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

We did this trip last july and had a fabulous day. Both trips were great for different reasons and no driving at all involved for us. DH loved being driven around.

Should add i booked our trip via Floridatix
floridatix/park-tick...y-space-center
Slightly cheaper

Edited at 09:53 AM.
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Thank you very much for the responses; my daughter isn't particularly keen on doing either thing, so combining them both into the same day softens the blow a little, whilst also ensuring that my hubby gets his wish! He is happy with it meaning less time at KSC. Firsttimers2018, do you happen to remember where any of the pick up points were when you booked through Floridatix? That info isn't included on their website, whereas I can see a list of pick up points on the Attraction Tickets Direct site. Thanks.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
RAF
Proud to wear my Ears

We are looking at doing the Kennedy Space Centre also. Is it really worth the visit? As it would be a loss of a day at a park

Thanks

Daz
RAF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

KSC was for us (2a, ds 14 and dd 7) a brilliant day. Well worth a visit if you are even remotely interested IMO. We did a visit with transportation included and picked/ dropped off at The Swan. Back in Epcot for a final FP on Soarin.

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RAF View Post
We are looking at doing the Kennedy Space Centre also. Is it really worth the visit? As it would be a loss of a day at a park

Thanks

Daz
I think so. WDW is impressive. But it is fantasy. KSC is very impressive reality. My dd's didn't think they would be interested but were in fact fascinated. The scale of things is just so huge.

I have been reliably informed that meeting Mickey was great but touching a piece of the moon was awesome. 😎

My husband doesn't wholly believe in the moon landings and insists the bit of moon was probably Formica but even he thought the rockets were impressive.

It is a personal choice though. You may not like it...

Edit - plus with your forum name would've thought you would be interested in flying things 😊

Edited at 08:29 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Would also say it may not give you long enough... when we last went it was from opening to being walked out from the last IMAX showing at closing.

The day was lovely, so full of information, so full of emotion, so full of things to see - touching the moon is an abiding memory for all 4 of us!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you very much for the responses; my daughter isn't particularly keen on doing either thing, so combining them both into the same day softens the blow a little, whilst also ensuring that my hubby gets his wish! He is happy with it meaning less time at KSC. Firsttimers2018, do you happen to remember where any of the pick up points were when you booked through Floridatix? That info isn't included on their website, whereas I can see a list of pick up points on the Attraction Tickets Direct site. Thanks.
Sorry for delay. If my memory serves me correctly i called a number on arrival in Florida. We were staying at AKL and had to get to All Stars our nearest pick up for around 8am. A small mini bus then connected with a larger coach down the road. Sounds a lot but it ran seamlessly. Then had a really knowledgeable lady coach driver who was more than willing to share her Florida knowledge as we made the trip out to Kennedy. A really fantastic day.
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List