Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Aug 19, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
Just that really. I must be missing something as everyone here seems to love them. Aren't they just a couple of plastic cubes that you put your stuff in, what's the difference to just packing your case neatly?
Convince me to buy them...
They are not plastic, they are fabric. I don’t think they make packing any easier and nor do I find they take up any more or less space as I am packing exactly the same things in exactly the same way, other than some thing go in a cube.

I don’t put everything in a packing cube but I do use them for underwear, swimwear, t-shirts, leggings etc., all the things that go in drawers, then when I arrive I put the whole packing cube into a drawer so unpacking and repacking is easier.

My cubes are packed by type of item, not by outfit, however we both make up a big packing cube of full outfits for two days, including a change of shoes, which we then swap and put in each other’s luggage in case one bag goes missing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

I’m almost done packing for this trip, I find the packing cubes much easier as things don’t shift around in the cases as much and I just move the cubes into drawers when we arrive.

Once I done washing I’ll pop the items back into their cubes and then it makes repacking so much easier.

As we have 4 different stops it means less time packing before each move.

I also use a lot of toiletry bags, I think I must have at least 10 for this trip. For me all the little bits in the case are worse than packing clothes and shoes so I prefer to get all the toiletries and odd and ends into bags to make it easier to find things. Much of it stays in the bags once there too, I just unpack the main toiletries and leave the rest of the bags on the counter.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
See that's why you need them
If you pack cubes by clothes type it's far easier to rummage in a case for a cube and remove the shorts from one, t shirt from another, underwear from another rather than burrow through a case, keeps thing less crumpled . If you do want to unpack you just put the cubes in drawers ( you don't empty them first.)
duchy, you should work in sales 😊 you have me intrested.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I also bought some and used them once and binned them. For me, a total waste of money, I hated them.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Used them for the first time last trip, (Aldi special offer!) and yes I was impressed! Will definitely be using them again next time.
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I like them because they make unpacking so quick. I pack by category and unpacking takes less than 5 minutes. Oddl i don't mind packing but hate unpacking.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I use them and like them. I also pack by category and it makes unpacking ( which I hate) really quick. I especially like them for keeping all the bits, like charger cables and stuff too big for toiletries bags together.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We pack outfits and then swap cubes so we each have a set of each other’s in our luggage.

This was the safest option for us after having luggage lost several times!
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I don't understand the claim that they save space as the clothes inside still occupy the same amount of room. But the I use vacuum compression bags which really *do* save space. They also keep everything crease free, but you do have to fully unpack when you arrive. I couldn't manage hand luggage only without my vacuum bags! (No vacuum cleaner required, you roll and squeeze to get the air out). We use smaller cases which I guess are like packing cubes to organise things like medication, charging cables etc. I have a huge set of Eagle Creek ones in various colours and sizes which I've been using for nearly 20 years! Red is always medication, green is camera stuff etc
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jadebe
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Usually it’s weight that’s the problem rather than space!