Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Aug 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Hi Dizeebelle

Fantastic to hear that you are having such an obviously great time that your family want to share in it next time

We are intending to go in 2022 as well (same reason as you need time to save) with our son and daughter and their partners making a smaller group than yours as will be 6 of us.

Don't know what your Dad's mobility problems are or how old he is but I have arthritis problems myself meaning that although I am perfectly capable of walking around I need to do things at my own slower pace.
That means I definitely do not want to go around in a group situation all day with everyone waiting on and being slowed down by me !

So we will probably book our own Fastpasses mainly and just meet up for lunch in the parks on some days and for dinner.
We might try and coincide some FP such as Flights of Passage first thing on a couple of mornings and after that go our own ways.

This will be fine for us as we have been numerous times with the kids when they were younger and we all are pretty familiar with the parks.
This doesn't sound like the case with your family though and i guess your parents and brothers family might feel they want to be shepherded around by yourselves. But this could be, as others have said, a bit of a nightmare ! Waiting around for others to go on rides,to the loo,get food etc can spoil your plans and make you feel you are sacrificing your family's holiday for them !

So maybe a family meeting beforehand with carefully explained guide to each park and attraction suitability would be helpful. Then they could all go off to do what suits them best and you could arrange a meeting time and place for lunch.
If the others want to go earlier than yourselves due to tiredness or cranky kids do agree to utilise Disney transport back to onsite hotels (beauty of staying onsite ).
Then everyone's day is not curtailed !

This is along the lines of what we plan to do and I'm sure your parents would appreciate a slower paced journey around each park rather than trying to trail around after all the kids and younger folk !
Maybe your Dad could hire a mobility scooter to make life easier ? I am not discounting that myself if my mobility worsens by 2022.

Having been twice now as just a couple I couldn't go back to the manic pace and criss crossing of the park we used to do as a family when the kids used to come with us. Its just lovely to take time out and sit somewhere in the shade and people watch for a while rather than keep going at a pace that will result in burn out

Don't know what time of year you are considering but we no longer go in the August heat (now we do not have school holidays to consider) as it is very punishing and although we coped when younger could not do it now.

We will be booking separately as 3 couples and will compare prices between Disney and the likes of Orlando Attraction (best price for us last year and brilliant customer service) and others recommended here on the Dibb .

Plenty of time for you to get organised and hopefully we've all given you some food for thought!

Enjoy your current trip
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post

We are not from the types of family that would holiday together generally, but when we lived overseas we met up with members of both of our families in another country half way between us.

We all booked our own flights and hotels and we were all staying at different places. We met up every day and I think we had all our meals together except for breakfast. That worked quite well for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the advice everyone. We usually holiday together (9 of us going to DLP end of August this year) but my brother and sis-in-law like it a lot their way and he is on holiday but no-one else is hence no villa but space of our own. My dad would be in a wheelchair but we did say to him to hire a mobility scooter (he could manage to walk around the hotel without just very slowly which we are used to).
We are unfortunately tied to school holidays due to my job and 2 of party will be GCSE years.
My parents just want to experience it so not totally bothered about doing all the rides but will like some of the shows so won't be with us all the time.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List