Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 May 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile What did you learn on your second visit?

We're going to POFQ in August, having done AKL in October 2017. We're on QSDP, having had DDP last time.

I'm just wondering what you learnt/ enjoyed on your second or subsequent visits to Disney.

We've got 3 weeks so time to explore, relax and do weird and wonderful stuff outside of the rides.

I don't want to pay extra for anything, much as I'd love to do the glow party!

It's me, DW and DS (11&10).
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

This is not particularly exciting but we found more and more creative ways to maximise dining plan credits the 2nd time around...it became a weird adult game of how much food can we get for 1 qs credit or snack credit.

Since you have 3 weeks I would visit all the mini golf courses, every resort and do the in park challenges that I’ve heard ppl talk about.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have found thatwith each subsequent visit, we have found more and more brilliant things to do elsewhere.
First it was Discovery Cove, then the gulf beaches, airboats, then the keys, rainbow river, the panhandle, NY, Washington, California.. and so it goes on.

On our last 4 visits to Florida, we have not even visited Disney, not because we dislike it, simply in our case we have found other things that we would rather do. Florida as a whole is simply the most amazing vacation destination, Mouse or not.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That there would be a 3rd visit, realised that there was so much to see in Florida there would be more visits. Also realised we didn’t need to rush so much and to take time to enjoy our surroundings and there was more to Florida than the theme parks although we do love them too

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

That we were addicted to Disney and we would buy DVC points😊
Old 1 May 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

That it's ok to take your time. You don't need to experience every attraction every day

And that the hard earned second trip wouldn't be the last
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Don’t get too many tickets, you struggle to fit it all in, I like to feel I’m on holiday and not on some sort of endurance test 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

I’d say we learnt to pace ourselves better and not stress over missing things. We made time to explore our resort (but not as much as we could have) and repeated the rides, shows etc we had enjoyed the most.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

That I want to live in Celebration! Didn’t have time to go there on our first visit
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
That it's ok to take your time. You don't need to experience every attraction every day

And that the hard earned second trip wouldn't be the last
yep this, we realised alarm clocks on holiday, even in WDW, don't really work for us, so we didn't do them on our 2nd trip. We did on our first as we reckoned we "had to cram it all in". On our first day in Disney Springs on our 2nd visit, our conversation turned to when we'd be back again .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List