Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jul 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LouiseR
Earning My Ears

Mobile Universal - is it best to avoid HHN’s if not going?

Hi
We are going to Orlando in October and just about to book a night at hard rock hotel to take advantage of the express passes (we did royal Pacific last time!) I’m looking at dates and wondering if we should avoid the days that they are doing the HHN? Will it be extra busy! The plan is to wander round city walk in the evening too, will this be set up with any horror stuff? Thanks
LouiseR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

They shut the Studios at 5pm on a HHN so this might affect you
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

"horror stuff" is kept inside the Studios

Studios will close early as you might expect, but the parks will close early no matter what
IOA should be closing around 8pm, maybe 9pm if your're lucky

the thing with HHN is that they may put length of stay restriction on hotel booking. I have seen times when HHN is on, when you can't book a one nighter, and you need to book at least a 2 nights stay, so make up your mind fast, and see if you can get just one night

The only reason why you may want to avoid HHN days is the earlier closing time of the studios

if you do that on HHN day, you need a park to park to hop to the other park for the rest of the day when the Studios close.

Edited at 05:55 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LouiseR
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Thank you.
Can you tell it’s me that’s scared of the horror and not the kids! lol!
Looks like we can book a one nighter but think based on this we will look at staying a night when it’s not on :-)
thanks again
LouiseR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

They keep the HHN stuff under wraps until the party starts so don't worry about being scared. Besides, they wouldn't want anyone getting scared for free

Staying in an EP hotel should mean you get all the rides in the park done by 4pm at the latest. We ended up in Universal on HHN days due to fitting Disney in and frankly by 5pm we were beat anyway. We just looked at it as an excuse to go get some food on citywalk and enjoy the hotel.

If you have the luxury avoid it but if not don't panic.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
blizeH
Earning More Ears

Mobile

It’s been a long time since we went for the HHN but our experience was that the parks were actually pretty quiet in the day (on week days at least) but then very busy in the evening.

As Claire said one consideration is that the parks do close early though
blizeH is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by blizeH View Post
It’s been a long time since we went for the HHN but our experience was that the parks were actually pretty quiet in the day (on week days at least) but then very busy in the evening.

As Claire said one consideration is that the parks do close early though
Yes, we felt like that a few years ago too... TimTracker did a video (I think last year) testing the crowds and he also said they seemed to be a LOT quieter on days where HHN were going on at night.
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

If not going to HHN then I’d book a Monday or Tuesday night when they aren’t on. The hotels are usually cheaper on non party nights too. It’s also usually quieter at citywalk Earlier in the week rather than on a weekend.

Kat

Edited at 03:29 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Not at all. It's so quiet in the daytime of a hhn night.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List