Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Strapping children into car seats.

I have two grandchildren and my daughter and son in law are incredibly vigilant with using the correct procedure for safely transporting the kiddies in the car. so it’s now drilled into me.
However, a neighbour has a two seater sports car and a large works van. The van only has one front seat and he and his wife regularly take their baby of around three months out in the front of this van on her lap or in a car seat which is placed in the middle but not strapped in. They never use the car.
Then today on my FB page up popped a thread about a poor little baby being killed in a minor accident by an impact with the airbag which deployed because he was unstrapped in the front on a lap.
I then began to wonder if I should do or say something or just mind my own business.
I don’t know this family at all.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

In the nicest possible way, unfortunately it's none of your business.

They are 100% in the wrong but I don't think it would end well if you did say anything.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
In the nicest possible way, unfortunately it's none of your business.

They are 100% in the wrong but I don't think it would end well if you did say anything.
Totally agree with this, they must know what they are doing is wrong but frankly they don't care. Some people don't deserve children they really don't!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for this advice. I feel that you are both right. It was the sudden popping up of the FB article that caused me to wobble, but as you say they’ve taken the decision to put their new little baby daughter in more dangerous circumstances than need be. Just makes me concerned every time I see them go out!
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I really am anxious reading this, what a poor wee baby. I feel for you becouse I can see the difficult situation your in. Having thought about it, I would make an anonymous call to the police/social services.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I really am anxious reading this, what a poor wee baby. I feel for you becouse I can see the difficult situation your in. Having thought about it, I would make an anonymous call to the police/social services.
That’s interesting. I did wonder about this too, but I didn’t even know given how understaffed the police are that they would even be interested.
Old 7 Jul 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
That’s interesting. I did wonder about this too, but I didn’t even know given how understaffed the police are that they would even be interested.
I know what you mean but at least you will have passed your concerns onto people who can help the wee one. Will any action be taken? in all honesty I don't know but I hope so.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What they are doing is breaking the law and the police and very strict on child car seats/restraining them properly. It might be worth a call to your local station for advice.
arielrocks is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
What they are doing is breaking the law and the police and very strict on child car seats/restraining them properly. It might be worth a call to your local station for advice.
They have literally just gone out again around two minutes ago. This time the mum was driving and they placed the baby between her and her mum in a non strapped in car seat. Why would you ever do that with all the warnings that there are around?
I’m so torn between totally minding my own business because it’s nothing at all to do with me, and wrestling with my conscience should their little daughter be killed in an accident because I sat back and did nothing!
My mind is going around in circles!
Old 7 Jul 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I would get hold of your local PCSO. Almost certainly he/she has an E Mail contact on your Police website.

Ask them to ring you and then give them the facts and ask for confidentiality.
It could be a shot across their bows is all that's needed.

As an aside what dreadful parents allowing this.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List