Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Would you go back?

I posted recently about injuring my foot. I had it x-rayed (10 days after it happened) & was told it was soft tissue damage, which could take 4-6 weeks to heal. It’s now been 4 1/2 weeks since I did it & apart from the bruising going down (which took 3 weeks), it’s probably about the same as when I had it x-rayed in terms of pain. It feels like something has been dropped on the top of my foot & I have started taking pain killers again. I have been able to walk on it since I did it. Am I being impatient & expecting too much or would you go & get it looked at again? Don’t want to waste anyone’s time!
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes, you should go back ... A check doesn't do any harm and often turns up things missed earlier.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

What about phoning your GP surgery and asking to speak to a Dr over the telephone?

Your X-ray would have been sent to the surgery and they would be able to access this and advise if this pain is to be expected or whether you ought go back?
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Probably hurting more as you are using it more. Ice, elevation, rest, pain relief. Give it time. They said it wasn't fractured so it just needs time to heal.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i would go back as it took them ages to come to a conclusion on my ankle injury - not broken, then broken, then not broken.
Old 24 Jul 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would advise seeing a podiatrist if if an x-ray shows no fracture and your still having issues a podiatrist is the best placed to help as they can see if there are mechanical factors that are playing a role.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 4fromsuffolk View Post
What about phoning your GP surgery and asking to speak to a Dr over the telephone?

Your X-ray would have been sent to the surgery and they would be able to access this and advise if this pain is to be expected or whether you ought go back?
The x-ray didn’t show anything obvious, so it was assumed to be soft tissue damage. This is a good suggestion but I’m not sure the GP would be able to see anything on the x-ray.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for your suggestions. I’ve strapped it up with KT tape today & so far it seems to be helping a bit. Think I’ll give it another week (then that will be 6 weeks) & go back if it’s no better.
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

If you’ve been told 4-6 weeks then I would be giving it another couple of weeks, things take time to heal and you’ve had an x-ray which showed no broken bones...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Well I have now passed the 6 week mark & am still having pain & taking painkillers. I decided to go to the walk-in centre today. Complete waste of time! They basically said if it’s been x-rayed, nothing will have been missed & they wouldn’t x-ray again due to radiation. I wasn’t asked anything about it & it wasn’t looked at (I didn’t even take my shoe off). He said if I was still in persistent pain, I may need a scan but would have to go through my GP (who have no routine appointments for at least 4 weeks). I guess I’ll just have to get on with it.