Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Aug 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
T.jenni
Excited about Disney

Mobile Dd13 poorly 2 days before flight

Dd13 foot infection 2 days before flight.
So last time we went my dd broke her arm 3 weeks before we departed.
We have just returned from a work trip to Germany where she has shown me a huge veruca! Not worried I took her to the pharmacy where they gave me a medicated plaster and told me to see a doctor when we got home. Today it's a huge red blister, literally the size of half an egg! We are booked in to the docs at 10.20 but I am not convinced we can fly if they cant treat her, what if it grows or the infection gets worse?
I have Barclays travel insurance so I'm hoping that would cover it l.
T.jenni is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

i cant see why you'd not be able to fly...i can see how it might make it tricky walking and all. My fingers will be crossed for you. I wonder if you have a minor injury clinic close by that could drain the blister and then dress it for you and get a course of antibiotics if needed?
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lemmonie View Post
i cant see why you'd not be able to fly...i can see how it might make it tricky walking and all. My fingers will be crossed for you. I wonder if you have a minor injury clinic close by that could drain the blister and then dress it for you and get a course of antibiotics if needed?
I agree but you must also call your insurer and let them know before you head off ... you may get asked to pay a top up or agree an exclusion
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Really hope you get the treatment your DD needs and you can all go on holiday.
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
T.jenni
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If I agree an exclusion, will that not mean that if it does worsen it wont be treated? It's taken me 2 years working 3 jobs to get us there I'm hoping if it's too risky I'll be able to rebook at a later date using my insurance I cannot afford the kind of medical bills that US hospitals seem to charge
T.jenni is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

They would offer you an exclusion OR invte you to pay a little extra to cover the cost of any treatment required. For example I had my gallbladder removed in Feb this year. I called insurance co. to advise and they gave me option to exclude anything gallbladder related OR pay £70 to cover it. Seeing as i dont have a galbladder to cause any issues i opted to exclude it. Had it of been much closer to the holiday i would have paid
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
T.jenni
Excited about Disney

Mobile

They would offer you an exclusion OR invte you to pay a little extra to cover the cost of any treatment required. For example I had my gallbladder removed in Feb this year. I called insurance co. to advise and they gave me option to exclude anything gallbladder related OR pay £70 to cover it. Seeing as i dont have a galbladder to cause any issues i opted to exclude it. Had it of been much closer to the holiday i would have paid
Ah, thankyou I could never risk DD's health I wouldn't care if it was just me. I cannot believe a verruca could cause this, if only she had noticed it before..
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I agree with Lemmonie. The insurers will charge you a bit more and if you choose not to pay they will exclude this condition. I have insurance through my bank and they charge extra for my diabetes but it's worth paying the extra to cover it.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s what I advised and did last year after my glaucoma surgery- could have had it excluded or pay a couple hundred £ to have it covered
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by T.jenni View Post
Ah, thankyou I could never risk DD's health I wouldn't care if it was just me. I cannot believe a verruca could cause this, if only she had noticed it before..
it may be the plaster/whatever was in the plaster that has caused the reaction. Hope all is well
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List