Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 24, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SimplyDisney View Post
I would like this thread to move away from the gender debate and back to The Decline of 'The Disney Difference'.
I’ve commentated at length on the Disney Difference and on the gender difference and I don’t even know how the one became the other.
However, it may just be that The Disney Difference has been discussed fully with people who had something to say have now said it.
Again some disagree that there is much difference.
Some see the difference as a negative thing, some see the positive in it or at least some of it and some are fairly new to WDW so don’t even know or can’t understand something they’ve never even experienced first hand.

Edited at 12:49 PM.
CarolynU is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 24, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I’ve commentated at length on the Disney Difference and on the gender deference and I don’t even know how the one became the other.
However, it may just be that The Disney Difference has been discussed fully with people who had something to say have now said it.
Again some disagree that there is much difference.
Some see the difference as a negative thing, some see the positive in it or at least some of it and some are fairly new to WDW so don’t even know or can’t understand something they’ve never even experienced first hand.
It feels like there have been comments for comment’s sake. The discussion around "The Disney Difference" and gender deference has become a cyclical debate where people simply want to voice contrary opinions rather than engage in constructive dialogue. These debates tend to elicit strong reactions and endless discussions that rarely lead to consensus.

As for the changes within Disney, it's clear that many are waiting to see how the company moves forward now that there is an acknowledgment that Chapek's involvement in politics and the push towards a more "woke" agenda may not have been the best approach. It's a waiting game to see how Disney will adjust its strategies and policies in response to these realisations. Hopefully, future changes will focus more on creating inclusive and enjoyable experiences for all, rather than getting entangled in political debates.
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 YC & GF ·2024 Sapphire Falls, AKL, Icon & GF
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 24, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

It feels like there have been comments for comment’s sake. The discussion around "The Disney Difference" and gender deference has become a cyclical debate where people simply want to voice contrary opinions rather than engage in constructive dialogue. These debates tend to elicit strong reactions and endless discussions that rarely lead to consensus.

As for the changes within Disney, it's clear that many are waiting to see how the company moves forward now that there is an acknowledgment that Chapek's involvement in politics and the push towards a more "woke" agenda may not have been the best approach. It's a waiting game to see how Disney will adjust its strategies and policies in response to these realisations. Hopefully, future changes will focus more on creating inclusive and enjoyable experiences for all, rather than getting entangled in political debates.
But you very much participated in voicing opinions.

Then, after saying that it's a cynical debate that goes around in circles, you have to continue adding divisive opinions about 'woke agendas'. 'Stay Woke' means to be alert to prejudice and discrimination, or at least it did before it became adopted as an insult about over-sensitivity. A 'woke agenda' is not a bad thing unless we would like to say discrimination is a good thing.

You can't have an 'inclusive' atmosphere when excluding a portion of society because it makes you uncomfortable. 'I don't want people to dress how they identify' and 'I want an inclusive experience' do not match.

Edited at 01:03 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 24, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews

Actually I’ve thought the gender issues have so far been discussed very politely and was rather pleasantly surprised actually.
However, I do find more contentious ironically the issue of positive v negative towards Disney itself:- value for money, v cast member interactions, v genie plus, v paper fast passes, v old book three rides before you go etc etc. oh and throw in DAS abuse for good measure.
That seems to go around and around in never ending circles. I honestly don’t ever see a consensus ever being reached on this issue. I think the only consensus everyone agrees with is that no one willingly likes paying for something that was once free but even then you get the Disney is a business purely to make money for shareholders v yes but the system is paid for and broken opinion.
I’m on the fence about what Disney will do on any aspect of their future strategies to be honest.
Old 3 Jun 24, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I think that what’s happened/happening currently at Disney has sent some of us (me included) off looking to see if we can find something that may elicit that same feeling we had when it was at its best.
Yesterday on here someone mentioned Phantasialand in Germany, I’d never heard of it so went off to research and it looks fab, then there’s DLP and the Middle East with fabulous parks.
Now these places may never elicit that feeling, but Disney is loosing some $$$ while people check them out, will they care? probably not x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 24, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
I think that what’s happened/happening currently at Disney has sent some of us (me included) off looking to see if we can find something that may elicit that same feeling we had when it was at its best.
Yesterday on here someone mentioned Phantasialand in Germany, I’d never heard of it so went off to research and it looks fab, then there’s DLP and the Middle East with fabulous parks.
Now these places may never elicit that feeling, but Disney is loosing some $$$ while people check them out, will they care? probably not x
Someone also mentioned place in Holland too as being fantastic Efterling? I think it was Holland anyway. We are going to DLP this Summer but I think this park would be perfect for next year.
Previously we would always have headed off to WDW.

Edited at 01:30 PM.
CarolynU is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List