Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jun 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dcool View Post
From the Discovery Cove website:

ATTENTION: DISCOVERY COVE TO OPEN AS A DAY RESORT STARTING JUNE 11
As part of modified operational plans built into our re-opening timeline, certain components of animal meet-and-greets will be temporarily modified or unavailable. A special beachside dolphin presentation will be available to Discovery Cove guests with Signature Dolphin Swim reservations in lieu of the fully immersive experience to help maintain physical distancing

No Dolphin swims?
I read on their FB page that there are no dolphin swims in June but there will be from July onwards.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I read on their FB page that there are no dolphin swims in June but there will be from July onwards.
Oh thank goodness for that!
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I read a thread here that they will be closed Tuesday-Thursday for the rest of the year. Their own booking page seems to confirm this with those dates blocked out.
I bought my tickets through ATD who I emailed yesterday and their response was that DC will offer free change of date to next year or refund. I don’t want a change of date to next year as we can’t go, but there are dates Friday - Monday available during our holiday, but it will cost £100 each more to book these as they are premium.
Bad service on their (ATD) part I think, they also said DC would contact me to arrange this, so I pre-empted and contacted them myself.
I’ve had no response yet so don’t know where I stand.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Copey10
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
I read a thread here that they will be closed Tuesday-Thursday for the rest of the year. Their own booking page seems to confirm this with those dates blocked out.
I bought my tickets through ATD who I emailed yesterday and their response was that DC will offer free change of date to next year or refund. I don’t want a change of date to next year as we can’t go, but there are dates Friday - Monday available during our holiday, but it will cost £100 each more to book these as they are premium.
Bad service on their (ATD) part I think, they also said DC would contact me to arrange this, so I pre-empted and contacted them myself.
I’ve had no response yet so don’t know where I stand.
Usually Discovery Cove will change a date free of charge, I'm sure that if you just want to change they will do it. I am booked for Tuesday the 1st September and if my flight is still going I will try to change it to the Monday. If we are not going I will try to arrange for next August/September.
Copey10 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Copey10 View Post
Usually Discovery Cove will change a date free of charge, I'm sure that if you just want to change they will do it. I am booked for Tuesday the 1st September and if my flight is still going I will try to change it to the Monday. If we are not going I will try to arrange for next August/September.
That is all I want, I would like them to do something with pricing but they are only offering a change of dates to next year, according to ATD, so far no one from Discovery Cove via email (I want conversations in writing), or Seaworld Parks UK has responded.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We were talking about DC last night, and my take is that I'd rather have a day there, with a Cabana, than a weeks entry to Disney parks. Probably my favourite "park/attraction" in the area.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Segdude View Post
We were talking about DC last night, and my take is that I'd rather have a day there, with a Cabana, than a weeks entry to Disney parks. Probably my favourite "park/attraction" in the area.
Assuming the weather is good all day!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
We have a booking for early October so good news , if we’re allowed over by then anyway! I wonder what will happen with regard to the all inclusive food and drinks? How will they maintain social distancing say in the lazy river. And mask wise how will that work as in where do you put ur mask when you are entering the water area etc? Xx
Not sure about your other questions but the lazy river each time we’ve been has never busy, it’s nothing like the water park packed lazy rivers.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Not sure about your other questions but the lazy river each time we’ve been has never busy, it’s nothing like the water park packed lazy rivers.
Perfect - sounds good to me:-) xx