Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Jun 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
techman47
slightly serious Dibber

Question New Orleans

We are thinking of visiting new Orleans next year as long as everything settles back down, can anyone shed any light on what it is like and are there enough things to do while your there. we are thinking of around 10 days as we will visit some friends in Atlanta, before moving on to The Big Easy
New York 09,11,14: Las Vegas 11,14,19: Washington DC 14, Atlanta 15,18, San Francisco 19, Rome 16,17.
techman47 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went to New orleans last September. We drove from Orlando and back. Stayed for 3 nights. I would say that's a good enough length of time to stay there. We did the Natchez steam boat (defo must do!) and the open top city sightseeing bus, which is a good way to see everything. Wandered round the French District, along the river front, markets etc. Its a nice wee city, very into its music and defo European influences for the architecture

Defo stop by cafe beignet to get your beignets fix!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Me and my husband went to New Orleans for 6 nights in 2018. We went for an event that took place over 4-evenings. I don't think you'd need more than a few days usually.

I did a high's and low's report https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1075136

And I started a thread where some very helpful Dibbers shared their New Orleans tips - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1067844

Hope that helps
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
We went to New orleans last September. We drove from Orlando and back. Stayed for 3 nights. I would say that's a good enough length of time to stay there. We did the Natchez steam boat (defo must do!) and the open top city sightseeing bus, which is a good way to see everything. Wandered round the French District, along the river front, markets etc. Its a nice wee city, very into its music and defo European influences for the architecture

Defo stop by cafe beignet to get your beignets fix!
We did something similar! Drove from work in Houston to New Orleans then on to Orlando.
Wold definitely recommend a visit and I can't wait to go back for longer (we were there for a conference so only had the weekend free).
The steam boat, sightseeing bus and beignet fix are definitely worthwhile. An evening in the French Quarter wandering along with your hurricane is fun. Lots of lovely restaurants and bars, and the music is fab. We took some of the walking tours recommended (without guides) which were a great way to see the outer reaches of the city and some of the history.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

we are planning on doing a usa road trip next september, starting in texas heading to new orleans, memphis, nashville, atlanta and disney.
we are aiming for 2-3 nights at new orleans staying in the french quarter area

rhu115 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We spent 4 nights in NO and that was pretty much long enough. I would go back, though.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

I've been twice once for 5 days and once for 10. The 10 days was mardi gras.

I could easily fill 10 days in New Orleans. Still don't feel we have seen all there is to see.

I put quite a lot of info on the thread linked above.
The only amendment is the house of dance and feathers. Sadly the man who runs this museum from his backyard died from covid earlier this year so I doubt that is open.
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Love love love it there. We have done something different on every visit. Pics and write ups in my trippies in 2017,18 and 19.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
I've been twice once for 5 days and once for 10. The 10 days was mardi gras.

I could easily fill 10 days in New Orleans. Still don't feel we have seen all there is to see.

I put quite a lot of info on the thread linked above.
The only amendment is the house of dance and feathers. Sadly the man who runs this museum from his backyard died from covid earlier this year so I doubt that is open.
Same. We have only been once, this February for 8/9 days. Loved every moment and can’t wait to return.
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi - I reckon 3 nights is the minimum you need to get a quick feel of NOLA but there's plenty there to easily fill your 10 days, especially if you include some out of city trips.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List