Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jun 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nno6py View Post
I was clear every time that I posted that I booked through the US site, but I have felt strongly that you and one other particular member have constantly been negative about my posts, despite the fact I have tried very hard to bring things back to “we’re all in this together”.

It doesn’t really matter now, but for your own future reference, when considering your posts, it was this quote:

“I'd also point out that the OP wasn't upset when they got Free QSDP for a Value & the UK only got a breakfast”

that became enough for me, when you had purposely omitted the other elements of the booking differences previously discussed (difference in ticket price, gift cards etc.) You just haven’t been listening and you weren’t telling a fair and honest tale. I’ve said before that fairness and justice is important to me.

I appreciate your apology, so thanks for that though.
I’ve just found the conversations quite draining, because I’ve had to repeat myself a lot. There seems to be a lot of selective listening and I have felt that a “you and us” divide has been created, simply because we booked on the US site. 😞

As I said though, I wish you all the best with your own booking and hope that you have a good outcome too. 👍This forum just isn’t for me.

Thanks to everyone who has been so welcoming though. ❤️
That’s not my post regarding the QSDP that you’ve quoted. Someone else said that.

My only difference of opinion with you has been over what is fair for Disney to offer. A disagreement myself and many others have had with other posters, not just you. I feel strongly that there is no answer that will suit everyone and that it’s not fair to expect companies to have some sort of “global pandemic plan”. At no point have I suggested that there’s a “them and us” regarding who you booked with and to be honest I’m a little offended having just told you I have previously booked with Disney US.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As I'm the other member who has been unkind, I would have thought that the "wink face" might have been a hint I was merely pointing out that your sense of injustice as far as the 35% was based on a US booking but your "blanket statement" that those booking Mods/Deluxe were somehow getting a better deal clearly didn't pertain to UK bookings where personally I would lose +£200 & a $300 Gift Card so obviously failed to see how this made my booking better off.
TBh I don't care who anyone books with so there is no/us/them but everyone must deal with whomever they booked with as different part's of the world get different offers & I'd guess the reason you booked the US deal, as certainly for Values it's the better offer, & certainly by booking with the US you have had more contact/information than the rest of us that haven't.
Don't worry though I'll no longer answer any of your posts
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

..it’s a personal decision based on how welcome (or unwelcome) some have made me feel, I’ve felt quite belittled and ignored at times because I booked on the US site.

Your last post, in particular, regarding the QSDP I felt was unnecessary and (again) conveniently ignored key points.

I had come on this forum looking for a sense of community from fellow Disney fans, in a bad situation but a few members in particular created a “you” and “us” scenario for me, which made me feel very outcast and irrelevant.

I had also wanted to post to share the insight from a US site booking perspective, to hopefully help those who had booked on the UK site (for fairness).

As I said at the start of the post, I’m quite delicate at the moment, so I’m not wishing to keep arguing the same points anymore.

I’m also not entirely sure why you would want to know, it’s been very clear that we and our booking is not relevant.

Some posters have been really lovely though and I appreciate that.

Saying that, I do wish you the best with your own booking. ❤️
I am sorry you have been made to feel this way I can assure you most people on here are here to help. Unfortunately I think emotions are running high at the moment for most people.
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

**UPDATE**
Very topically, I’ve just picked an email from Disney. It’s been sitting there since 9am **edit 9pm last night! ** 🙈

Our own reservation (which was booked on the US site) is now sorted, and we’re happy with the terms.

I don’t want to confuse things further with the UK/US conversation by going into detail..I feel that my contributions have confused and annoyed others enough! As Donaldfan said “nothing to do with us”. 🙈

I had been fighting for parity across UK site and US site bookings at least, but I misjudged and more people seem happy with the 35%, than not.

I hope you all get the answers you need soon regarding UK bookings! ❤️
Being a DVC owner and not eligible for the dining plan, I don't understand why you would not be willing to share what you received.

If only to give some encouragement to those that have lost out that they not be as bad off as they thought.
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was clear every time that I posted that I booked through the US site, but I have felt strongly that you and one other particular member have constantly been negative about my posts, despite the fact I have tried very hard to bring things back to “we’re all in this together”.

It doesn’t really matter now, but for your own future reference, when considering your posts, it was this quote:

“I'd also point out that the OP wasn't upset when they got Free QSDP for a Value & the UK only got a breakfast”

that became enough for me, when you had purposely omitted the other elements of the booking differences previously discussed (difference in ticket price, gift cards etc.) You just haven’t been listening and you weren’t telling a fair and honest tale. I’ve said before that fairness and justice is important to me.

I appreciate your apology, so thanks for that though.
I’ve just found the conversations quite draining, because I’ve had to repeat myself a lot. There seems to be a lot of selective listening and I have felt that a “you and us” divide has been created, simply because we booked on the US site. 😞

As I said though, I wish you all the best with your own booking and hope that you have a good outcome too. 👍This forum just isn’t for me.

Thanks to everyone who has been so welcoming though. ❤️
Wow. That’s some post. Hope you find a forum that suits you.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nno6py
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
That’s not my post regarding the QSDP that you’ve quoted. Someone else said that.

My only difference of opinion with you has been over what is fair for Disney to offer. A disagreement myself and many others have had with other posters, not just you. I feel strongly that there is no answer that will suit everyone and that it’s not fair to expect companies to have some sort of “global pandemic plan”. At no point have I suggested that there’s a “them and us” regarding who you booked with and to be honest I’m a little offended having just told you I have previously booked with Disney US.
I’ve just popped back and seen this.
I am so sorry that I picked you up as the poster on that comment, when you were not.

I’m not sure how I did that, probably not thinking correctly after being upset by the post (winky face or not, it was not justifiable for the op to post that, whilst leaving out some other very relevant (and known) details).

Sorry again, having read your posts you’ve done nothing to upset me. Simply voicing your opinion. Just a case of mistaken identity.
nno6py is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nno6py
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Wow. That’s some post. Hope you find a forum that suits you.
Thanks, I am a long-standing member of other forums, so it’s not a problem.

I appreciate the sentiment though and still have everything crossed for news soon for those who booked on the UK site. 👍
nno6py is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Does anyone think the 35% offer will be extended to all guests as opposed to free dining offer guests?
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks, I am a long-standing member of other forums, so it’s not a problem.

I appreciate the sentiment though and still have everything crossed for news soon for those who booked on the UK site. 👍
That’s good it’s not a problem. You are most welcome.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve just popped back and seen this.
I am so sorry that I picked you up as the poster on that comment, when you were not.

I’m not sure how I did that, probably not thinking correctly after being upset by the post (winky face or not, it was not justifiable for the op to post that, whilst leaving out some other very relevant (and known) details).

Sorry again, having read your posts you’ve done nothing to upset me. Simply voicing your opinion. Just a case of mistaken identity.
Thank you.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List