Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jun 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
and are perfectly happy that this “slack” will leave individual families significantly out of pocket rather than a corporation that made over 9 billion dollars last year.
And they would have loved to have made 10 billion. Point being, families being significantly out of pocket due to a vacation isn't something they are losing sleep over. At all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Its a difficult topic and Im not sure everyone is going to agree. I can see from the maths that a family of 4 in a value resort isn't going to benefit from a 35% room discount as much as a couple in a Luxury both currently booked with the DDP.

However - what are the possible options. I'm a great believer in our people having issues and then coming up with solutions to solve them - sometimes an idea from left -field solves it?

So whilst I can see a range of issues being discussed what do people think the solution is?

And then remember no idea is a bad idea!
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Its a difficult topic and Im not sure everyone is going to agree. I can see from the maths that a family of 4 in a value resort isn't going to benefit from a 35% room discount as much as a couple in a Luxury both currently booked with the DDP.

However - what are the possible options. I'm a great believer in our people having issues and then coming up with solutions to solve them - sometimes an idea from left -field solves it?

So whilst I can see a range of issues being discussed what do people think the solution is?

I have no idea what a good deal is. It’s the ongoing argument of free dining vs room discount. Whether one is better than the other is totally dependent on your party size and resort choice. So there’s really no one size fits all option.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
nno6py
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Once the parks open DS will be busy. It's a tourist destination and there won't be many tourists till the parks open.
Hey! I agree that it will be busier, but I really don’t think it will be busy..at all.
The reduced attraction, hours, wearing of masks etc. has put a lot of people off for the short-term. I believe yourself included? I was glad to see that you had found a solution to your own plans, by the way. 😊
Many US visitors have cancelled or rescheduled to next year. Disney really will be quiet through the rest of 2020 IMO.
nno6py is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post

I think that any UK guest who booked with DDP and who opts to cancel within a certain timeframe should and will get the DDP if they re-book. That's what I think Disney will end up doing.

BUT. I think Disney will almost certainly raise prices across the board on every aspect of their park experience. Not to mention the airlines.

That's what Madame Leona's crystal ball is telling me this morning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
nno6py

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I have no idea what a good deal is. It’s the ongoing argument of free dining vs room discount. Whether one is better than the other is totally dependent on your party size and resort choice. So there’s really no one size fits all option.
There is a one size fits all option though? Compensate by (at best) the dining plan value multiplied by the number of guests to lose the plan.
That way no one person is benefitting more or losing out more.
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nno6py

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
But you booked through the US site which is nothing to do with any of us.
Did you read my initial post? Where I stated it might not be directly relevant but possibly has a knock-on.
For two reasons. Firstly, if the US offer changes (which seemed to be the strong undertone), it might mean something different for the UK offer.
Plus, it potentially explains the extended delay to UK offerings.
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

I love your optimism, but that would in no way work in Disney’s favour and I cannot see them giving this amount back to everyone that has a booking with the dining plan, some people would have more money given back to them than the cost of their accommodation. In this case Disney would simply cancel the holiday.

It’s still not a one size fits all due to how people dine, with some restaurants being one credit others being two and not everyone uses these equally. Disney know that not everyone fully uses their plan to their benefit so again I cannot see them giving the UK a full dining plan cash equivalent when they have not done this for the US.

Stranger things have happened Though so never say never, but baring in mind they need cut capacity a poor offer will thin out those not willing to accept and would rather cancel.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by nno6py View Post
There is a one size fits all option though? Compensate by (at best) the dining plan value multiplied by the number of guests to lose the plan.
I don’t see them doing that.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by nno6py View Post
That's would mean a family of 5 would get to stay for free, or even get paid to stay at Port Orleans if they booked the room type with 5th sleeper... and that's ridiculous.

The food doesn't cost Disney to buy in the rate they charge for the dining plan. They buy food in bulk and pay very little for it; it doesn't actually cost them £55.99 a day to feed you, I'd estimate the food cost to be £15, even less if you eat burgers and pasta. To suggest they give every member of a party 3x what it would have really cost them to feed you is absurd and would be terrible business.

It absolutely blows that this has ruined people's holidays but there is another option; stay offsite and eat offsite. You will still have the same amount of chance of getting a park reservation if you keep the ticket and then you should be able to stretch money further. Not ideal, but doable.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List