Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovetotravel
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Postponing Lufthansa Flight

We were due to fly September 7th but had made the decision not to go this year, but to sit tight and see what would happen.

Then last week we received an email from Lufthansa about postponing and flexible rebooking options.

So we decided to postpone until late next year, rather than wait in limbo, then risk the flight going without us.

After 1 hour 20 mins on the phone I eventually get though and the agent told me we could postpone but had to call to rebook before 31st January 2021 and to travel by December 2021. So I went ahead. and did it.

So my question is, has anyone else done this?

My booking on the app is showing as cancelled, I've had no communication since, regarding the postponement and rebooking and I'm now panicking my booking gone entirely
Lovetotravel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lovetotravel View Post
We were due to fly September 7th but had made the decision not to go this year, but to sit tight and see what would happen.

Then last week we received an email from Lufthansa about postponing and flexible rebooking options.

So we decided to postpone until late next year, rather than wait in limbo, then risk the flight going without us.

After 1 hour 20 mins on the phone I eventually get though and the agent told me we could postpone but had to call to rebook before 31st January 2021 and to travel by December 2021. So I went ahead. and did it.

So my question is, has anyone else done this?

My booking on the app is showing as cancelled, I've had no communication since, regarding the postponement and rebooking and I'm now panicking my booking gone entirely
We have done the same thing. I asked when I was on the phone if we got an email showing what had happened but they said no they don't do that, they just said to ring up with our original booking reference when we want to book new flights..
Like you our booking doesn't show up or anything when I log in now. Just got to trust them I suppose 😬
Disney1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmojorisin04
Earning More Ears

Lufthansa told me that we would have to rebook BEFORE our original travel date (19 Aug), but the chances of the flights being available by that time for the same time period next year, at a similar price to what we paid looks slim.
mrmojorisin04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin04 View Post
Lufthansa told me that we would have to rebook BEFORE our original travel date (19 Aug), but the chances of the flights being available by that time for the same time period next year, at a similar price to what we paid looks slim.
Hmm they aren't very good at communicating. Our original flights were booked for 3rd August and when I rang I said that we wouldn't be able to go until next august, so they said they would put them on hold and we could use the money towards future flights which will be out end of august.
That was all fine and as expected but then I'm sure she said that our new flights had to be booked by 21st December which I thought it was end of January.

I think if I've got it right and you rebooked before your original travel date that you may not have had too pay anything extra but if you waited then you had too pay the extra flight costs, but not sure.
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovetotravel
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Thanks for the replies. Feel better about the non communication now I know I'm not the only one.
Lovetotravel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Ya I have this with United for an internal flight in the US. They said I have to keep the booking number and then ring them up to rebook within 12 months.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am in the same situation as some others on this thread booked flights last year for travel on the 6th August this year but not going now.

The bit I am confused about is if I want to change them to the same flights next year, same start and end destinations, possibly different dates, do I need to pay anymore?
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Fortunately our Lufthansa (who have been diabolical to deal with even to do anything as simple as upgrade a seat) was through United - their system is pretty simple and automated - you press cancel on your booking and you get the credit and a (changes = no charge) waiver on your account to use within 24mths - then simply pick a flight after login in with the old confirmation number and apply the credit as the payment method..

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK

Edited at 08:58 PM.
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by muzland View Post
I am in the same situation as some others on this thread booked flights last year for travel on the 6th August this year but not going now.

The bit I am confused about is if I want to change them to the same flights next year, same start and end destinations, possibly different dates, do I need to pay anymore?
As far as I am aware and the way I have understood it is, because your flights won't be out before your original travel date (you are looking at end of august into September) you will get a credit for the money you have paid for this year's flights, you will then use this towards your new booking but will have too pay whatever difference in flights is. Hope that makes sense.
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney1 View Post
As far as I am aware and the way I have understood it is, because your flights won't be out before your original travel date (you are looking at end of august into September) you will get a credit for the money you have paid for this year's flights, you will then use this towards your new booking but will have too pay whatever difference in flights is. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks and understand, guess I am going to have to speak to them as what they have on the website is not clear.

Here is what they say;

Your flight is not cancelled:

1. You can rebook your flight once free of charge, regardless of the terms and conditions of the originally purchased ticket. Start of travel must be latest by 31 December 2021 and the rebooking has to be done before the original start of travel.

2. Your ticket will remain valid and you can use it towards a future flight. Latest start of travel is 31 December 2021. If you would like to choose this option, please get in touch with us, latest by 31 January 2021. You can also change your destination and your travel class. Please note, that in these cases, an additional payment might be necessary, e.g. if you change to a higher travel class or if you rebook from a short-haul to a long-haul flight.

Clear as mud.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List