Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I’m glad I saw this - our flights with Lufthansa are booked for 12-31 August, and they haven’t been in touch at all, so I assumed we couldn’t do anything yet. When I’ve looked at our flights, there was no message to say they could be rebooked, but I’ve just seen on the main page that they are now offering this option. Not actually sure we’d want to go in 2021, but at least it’s an option.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmojorisin04
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by muzland View Post
Thanks and understand, guess I am going to have to speak to them as what they have on the website is not clear.

Here is what they say;

Your flight is not cancelled:

1. You can rebook your flight once free of charge, regardless of the terms and conditions of the originally purchased ticket. Start of travel must be latest by 31 December 2021 and the rebooking has to be done before the original start of travel.

2. Your ticket will remain valid and you can use it towards a future flight. Latest start of travel is 31 December 2021. If you would like to choose this option, please get in touch with us, latest by 31 January 2021. You can also change your destination and your travel class. Please note, that in these cases, an additional payment might be necessary, e.g. if you change to a higher travel class or if you rebook from a short-haul to a long-haul flight.

Clear as mud.
Yeah, this is what I was told. I interpret that as being that you have to re-book by either your original flight date or the 31st Jan 21, whichever comes first.

I was also told that you basically get the credit towards the cost of the future flights (plus 50 euro if you travel by the end of this year). So if flights on the same route are twice as much next year then you need to pay the difference.

I had a notification recently that the flight times had been pushed back a little, with an option to request a refund, so I have done that instead.
mrmojorisin04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysocks
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin04 View Post
Yeah, this is what I was told. I interpret that as being that you have to re-book by either your original flight date or the 31st Jan 21, whichever comes first.

I was also told that you basically get the credit towards the cost of the future flights (plus 50 euro if you travel by the end of this year). So if flights on the same route are twice as much next year then you need to pay the difference.

I had a notification recently that the flight times had been pushed back a little, with an option to request a refund, so I have done that instead.
How far back were your flight times pushed if you don't mind me asking?

We have had a few emails over the past few months, each time pushing our arrival time back and it is now almost 5 hours later than when we originally booked. They have also changed our flight from 1 stop to 2 stops.

We purposely didn't book 2 stops when we booked but not sure where we stand with the changes.
Disneysocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmojorisin04
Earning More Ears

Around 4-5 hours too. Still just one stop though.

We booked through lastminute, and it was them who offered the option to request a refund. Haven’t heard anything back yet though, so don’t know what will come of it.
mrmojorisin04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List