Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Jun 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Can anyone summarise current situation ref August trip

Apologies & appreciate this may all be elsewhere but without trawling various threads etc

We are due to fly out Aug 22 flights virgin/delta via netflights, condo & HRH hotel all booked & paid for , all individually paid on CC. Luckily hadnt got to park tickets (& am loathed to pay for a 14 day passes we most likely would never get the ££ worth from... )

So whats the situation with the parks for offsite stay & anyone yet approached netflights re getting refund / moving flights to next year. Netflights website says dont contact them for July/August travel but this was an update from April

Also surely hotels cant be open/ capacity as lifts etc impossible to distance in... so how will they decide who gets to stay if they do open

As of now we really dont want to spend so much money on what could be a very limited trip & could do without the hassle of this hanging over us among everything else we are having to deal with

any help appreciated obviously there are 1000's in the same boat as us...

Cheers
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Not exactly same position but we are August flights too. Flights only only paid in full through netflights for virgin. I would be interested in our options as I really don't want to fly. I am booked with disney direct for hotel and tickets but there currently refunding including deposits. I just feel lost. I don't want to lose almost £4000 on flights but I don't want to go either. Its taken us 3 years to get back to Disney and I just feel a bit lost. I feel like we have no other choice but to wait as virgin won't talk to us as we booked through netflights yet virgin are giving open tickets and netflights aren't answering and I feel like I just have to sit tight and wait to see if flight goes.
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
alvin_purple
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Apologies & appreciate this may all be elsewhere but without trawling various threads etc

We are due to fly out Aug 22 flights virgin/delta via netflights, condo & HRH hotel all booked & paid for , all individually paid on CC. Luckily hadnt got to park tickets (& am loathed to pay for a 14 day passes we most likely would never get the ££ worth from... )

So whats the situation with the parks for offsite stay & anyone yet approached netflights re getting refund / moving flights to next year. Netflights website says dont contact them for July/August travel but this was an update from April

Also surely hotels cant be open/ capacity as lifts etc impossible to distance in... so how will they decide who gets to stay if they do open

As of now we really dont want to spend so much money on what could be a very limited trip & could do without the hassle of this hanging over us among everything else we are having to deal with

any help appreciated obviously there are 1000's in the same boat as us...

Cheers
Not to pile onto your pressures, but read on another thread that you wont be able to buy 2020 tickets after 10th June. So if you do end up going in August you only have a few days to get your hands on tickets.

Will travel insurance cover you if you cancel?

Edited at 02:57 PM.
alvin_purple is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Unfortunately no one really knows and can just guess at this point. It’s a waiting game. Things are changing daily and you are still 10 weeks out. We are in the same position, albeit booked directly with Virgin. Options are limited, wait and see if they cancel your flight. If they do, you can a refund or credit to rebook at a later date.

If your flight is still on and you choose not to travel then you will be subject to the ts&cs you signed up to regarding you cancelling.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Magical_Unicorn View Post
Not exactly same position but we are August flights too. Flights only only paid in full through netflights for virgin. I would be interested in our options as I really don't want to fly. I am booked with disney direct for hotel and tickets but there currently refunding including deposits. I just feel lost. I don't want to lose almost £4000 on flights but I don't want to go either. Its taken us 3 years to get back to Disney and I just feel a bit lost. I feel like we have no other choice but to wait as virgin won't talk to us as we booked through netflights yet virgin are giving open tickets and netflights aren't answering and I feel like I just have to sit tight and wait to see if flight goes.
All you contacts must be with Netflights. They are who you booked with and paid your money to. Why should Virgin talk to you. If you have dealt with them direct then fine but you didn't. All Virgin are doing is flying you to Orlando.

If you are having problems then your issues are soley with Netflights sorry!
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney-2019
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by alvin_purple View Post
Not to pile onto your pressures, but read on another thread that you wont be able to buy 2020 tickets after 10th June. So if you do end up going in August you only have a few days to get your hands on tickets.

Are 14 day universal tickets not available after 10th june or is it just disney
disney-2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
our flights due to go on the 20th july, so we need to think about changing dates, or just go for it. However if the foreign travel ban is not lifted and it remains in place for essential travel only. we wont be covered for insurance and would no way risk the costs of usa medical bills.
I think until this travel ban is lifted the Government should ban the airlines operating these flights and putting us the customer in a massive dilemma, ie if the flight goes its not cancelled and we would loose our money.
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
All you contacts must be with Netflights. They are who you booked with and paid your money to. Why should Virgin talk to you. If you have dealt with them direct then fine but you didn't. All Virgin are doing is flying you to Orlando.

Thanks for that not sure why your apologising? and I completely understand and have no problem with virgin just wanted to point out that virgin wouldnt deal with anyone booked through an agent and I get that. I think I just was trying to get it out there i felt lost. Probably because middle of August anything can change I suppose. Thankyou tho, very helpful ♥️ stay safe
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post

But Virgin need to tell netflights whats going on. Were booked from gatwick. The whole world knows this isnt going to happen but Virgin, as yet, havent told us or netflights any re-arranged flight details...

So really, its down to Virgin in some cases...
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alvin_purple View Post

so if we find out July 1st its game on, we cant then buy park tickets...

but if buy them now & cant/dont go what then...

≈≈≈...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List