Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I've been keeping an eye on Virgin for next August as we are trying to rebook next year. I decided to look at Tui last week in case we chose to move this years Disney holiday to a totally different type of holiday and Tui seemed to be much cheaper than Virgin.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minniesmiff View Post
I've been keeping an eye on Virgin for next August as we are trying to rebook next year. I decided to look at Tui last week in case we chose to move this years Disney holiday to a totally different type of holiday and Tui seemed to be much cheaper than Virgin.
I can vouch for Tui for my last three Florida trips. Price good, Dreamliner nice and flying into Sandford is no problem for us as it’s only ever took about 40 mins to get to the accommodation. I just don’t like summer prices altogether!
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
I can vouch for Tui for my last three Florida trips. Price good, Dreamliner nice and flying into Sandford is no problem for us as it’s only ever took about 40 mins to get to the accommodation. I just don’t like summer prices altogether!
Me neither I try not to look outside of school holidays now its quite depressing. Only another 10 years to go
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

This is how I feel a little bit! Almost prepared to pay anything just to have something secured! Probably not the best attitude but if you’re happy with what you’ve got then that’s all that matters isn’t it. I’m going to carry on looking 😊
TBH it’s direct flights from Manchester in school holidays and that is never going to be cheap! Can’t bring myself to do indirect after getting stuck in Detroit a few years ago when our connecting flight to Orlando was cancelled. Do not want to go through that again!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

Don't forget that in 2022 TUI are going to move from Sanford to Orlando Melbourne International according to their present plans - whether that goes ahead remains to be seen.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

£4700 for me with tui flight only... not sure if that’s ok as have nothing to compare it to! That’s for 2ad and 3kids in July.
Just for comparison we booked with Virgin for this year, mid Aug school holidays from Manchester. 2 adults, 3 kids and paid £3,800. If you play around with flight dates and extend to 17 days or something you can usually get cheaper flights.

We booked last Nov.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
Just for comparison we booked with Virgin for this year, mid Aug school holidays from Manchester. 2 adults, 3 kids and paid £3,800. If you play around with flight dates and extend to 17 days or something you can usually get cheaper flights.

We booked last Nov.
Thanks for the info. What I forgot to mention is I can only do a Saturday flight as work do not allow us more than 10 days off consecutively. I think that bumps it up massively too.
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Don't forget that in 2022 TUI are going to move from Sanford to Orlando Melbourne International according to their present plans - whether that goes ahead remains to be seen.
What?! I hadn’t heard this. Where is that airport? I need to look in to this.
Old 5 Jun 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What?! I hadn’t heard this. Where is that airport? I need to look in to this.
Have a read of this link - the move was announced in November last year - with everything that is going on now though it might never happen.

tui/press/tui-uk-a...ort-from-2022/

I am sure there will be a thread about it on DIBB somehwere. If I find it I will post it below if someone doesn't beat me to it.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the info. What I forgot to mention is I can only do a Saturday flight as work do not allow us more than 10 days off consecutively. I think that bumps it up massively too.
That’s why we are doing 11 nights. Fly on a Monday and home the Friday week after. Have weekend to get over the flight before going back to work.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List