Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile Who’s still hopeful for a European holiday this summer?

Just wondering who’s got a holiday booked for the summer hols and is still hoping to go? Europe’s looking like the best bet for us now as we have postponed Disney till next year, won’t be booking anything yet but feeling hopeful 🤞Would love to take ds away and have a “normal” summer holiday still.
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

If our Orlando holiday doesn’t come off in August a doubt I’ll be booking to go anywhere else. ☹️ We will probably just have a garden holiday instead (luckily we have a very nice garden 😂 ) We have a few days booked in London at the end of July which we may push back into August if we don’t go to Florida.

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Thinking more about supporting the UK hospitality Industry this year and doing something in the UK.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If we can’t get to the US we’ll book a week or 2 in Portugal.
I would love to support the UK economy but at over £1000 per week for half decent accommodation I just know it will lash it down with rain everyday we’re there. We may still have a long weekend on the Isle of Wight though as we’ve got friends there

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Our back up is a lodge with a hot tub as hopefully quite easy to social distance then but yes crazy prices!
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

After working in every European country over the last 37 years and loving my work trips I have zero desire to visit on holiday. For me it is either the USA or UAE

We had planned a big family vacation, after a truly horrendous 18 months and now it appears USA will be out for this year - it has been suggested Spain (no from me) UK self catering (well we as a family own lodges we rent out but never stayed in any and I don’t do self catering or air b&B anywhere) or a hotel by the beach - the latter may (just may) get my vote but if the weather is like today I would rather stay at home !

The lifting on FCO and Trump travel cant come soon enough for me - I will be on the first plane to California (or UAE if the restrictions are lifted there first - for some serious sun bathing and chilling)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

We've booked Lanzarote for October 🤞Whitby booked for 4th July 🤞after losing Florida in April I'm praying 🙏

Edited at 10:04 AM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Not for the summer no. But I am contemplating a few days in DLP in November, depending upon how they re-open.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Probably not. We have contemplated it but since there will probably still be social distancing measures in place everywhere to some extent I'd rather just wait and have 2 holidays next year instead. We are thinking France in May and rebooking Orlando for October. We may consider a short UK break towards the end of the year depending on how things look but I doubt we will go anywhere this summer.
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We have Madeira booked for the first week in September.
I am beginning to think we may just get there.
We have a lovely Airbnb booked,so don’t have to social distance in a hotel.
We are quite happy with social distancing in bars and restaurants,although I may have some reservations about the flight,but would feel better if we had to wear face coverings whilst on board.
Tracy x