Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

My brother lives in France they have 3 gites on there property working hard to have no 4 ready they have been overwhelmed with enquires for late August early September but/they are fully booked
With European guests and just a couple of Uk guests
It’s going to be hard for those who if we can travel who haven’t booked to find accommodation in his part of France he says
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Another French resident here.

Our border with Andorra is now open and the Spanish one will open in a few weeks.

We are off to the mountains in Switzerland. We have two airbnbs booked and are now quite hopeful of going. We are driving so have no public transport to contend with. The holiday will be lots of walking so fresh air and space!

We are lucky I guess because we can drive to some wonderful places. Spain is just 2 hours away. Plus even if we stay at home we should have good weather!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We were booked for 10 days in Spain in a private villa booked though Booking.com. There’s 3 parties going, and we were all uneasy about travelling so when the villa owners offered us a full refund we made the decision to cancel the booking, and we got the money back straight away. We then had to sit tight regrading the Ryanair flights, and did start to wonder if we’d done the right thing when the news came that Spain were opening their borders. Thankfully, a few weeks back there was a flight time change and Ryanair offered a refund (yet to see it of course), but yesterday we had an email to say the flights had been cancelled altogether. Glad that the decision turned out to be the right one, and even though we’re all sad to missing out on our holiday this year, none of us felt comfortable going with the way things are.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have just booked 3 nights in Lisbon for beginning of October. Its a risk as social distancing might still be a big thing then and I don’t want to have to walk around wearing a mask the whole time but I have my fingers crossed that things may have settled down by then. Just needed something to potentially look forward to and it was really cheap! If we decide nearer the time that it won’t be any fun we will move it to next year, will cost us money to move but fingers crossed we don’t need to!
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
East Coaster
slightly serious Dibber

We had Krakow cancelled in late March and the Florida Keys in April. We have flights booked to Majorca in August (staying in my DILs family apartment). We had almost written if off but are now feeling pretty hopeful. We're only going for a week so as long as the supermarket is open and the pool - we'll be going. We'd love to be able to go out to restaurants etc but we'd be just as happy to eat in. As we've seen though a lot can happen in 10 weeks - and it could go either way!
East Coaster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We changed our Mexico holiday to Sa Coma in Majorca for October today. If there’s still quarantine we won’t go, but if not we would feel ok with going. Mexico was too far and too risky but a restful 11 nights in the sunshine in Spain will be good. I’m disappointed to miss out on Mexico but we love Majorca and we are trying a different resort this trip. It’s also half the price of Mexico so we can save the rest for hopefully more exotic holidays next year.

Edited at 09:36 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We changed our Mexico holiday to Sa Coma in Majorca for October today. If there’s still quarantine we won’t go, but if not we would feel ok with going. Mexico was too far and too risky but a restful 11 nights in the sunshine in Spain will be good. I’m disappointed to miss out on Mexico but we love Majorca and we are trying a different resort this trip. It’s also half the price of Mexico so we can save the rest for hopefully more exotic holidays next year.
That’s great disneydaffodil did you manage to find out if your covered to reschedule if quarantine is still in place?
Unfortunately it’s strictly summer hols or nothing this year for abroad for us and think its just to soon, we keep an eye on the situation but think it’s a uk holiday for us in the summer this year!
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
That’s great disneydaffodil did you manage to find out if your covered to reschedule if quarantine is still in place?
Unfortunately it’s strictly summer hols or nothing this year for abroad for us and think its just to soon, we keep an eye on the situation but think it’s a uk holiday for us in the summer this year!
It’s still covered with original t&c’s as it’s an amendment, not a new booking. As such, I’m still not sure of it’s covered for rescheduling if quarantine is in place but I would imagine it should be. If not, then I would hope insurance would cover it as I booked before Covid 19. Whatever the position, it’s no different to the situation I was in with Mexico booked, although it is a lesser amount.

I agree that I wouldn’t travel as early as school summer holiday time. I actually cancelled our July Athens holiday as it was too early. I possibly wouldn’t have made a new booking for Europe this year but waited for next year if I hadn’t already booked Mexico.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Hope you get to visit Mexico in the future.
Our grandaughter stills says it’s one of her favourite holidays ever!
I can’t wait for this to be over,so we can all book our holidays with confidence again.
Tracy x
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Hope you get to visit Mexico in the future.
Our grandaughter stills says it’s one of her favourite holidays ever!
I can’t wait for this to be over,so we can all book our holidays with confidence again.
Tracy x
I agonised over changing it as I loved the hotel we had booked and was so looking forward to it, I’m still sad at missing out but think it’s the right decision for this year. I will definitely be looking at it for next year though, and if it’s not possible then, we will go one day I’m sure

I did look at Madeira, similar to you, but they don’t fly from a local airport and i just feel we want a simple option this year (if we are fortunate enough to go). Maybe Madeira another year too 😀

I agree, I hate this virus and want our lives back so we can enjoy our lives and holidays again.