Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

DLP with Jet2?

Has anyone ever booked to go to DLP with Jet2 please? Any tips on which hotels are good/ to be avoided would be appreciated. I'm just looking for a long weekend in November but not really got a clue. Jet2 seemed to be really reasonable for flights and a hotel.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post

I was thinking of booking a short trip in November too. I saw your post and that I would look at Jet2, but I cannot see any way of even getting to Paris with them, never mind DLP. I’m confused, how have you done it? Sorry I know I am not answering your question.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The onsite hotels are the most expensive. If you can afford them it's really nice to be a maximum 15 min walk from the parks and not have to keep going through security. Cheapest is usually Santa Fe, with Cheyenne usually being next. They are basic but fine and the theming at Cheyenne is utterly superb.

Offsite hotels are often easy because of the RER train. Many are one stop away which takes 5 min on the RER. If you just want a 'basic but clean' option there are many. I've stayed in the Ibis Val d'Europe (make sure you specify Val d'Europe as there is another one further away that it often gets mixed up with). The back end of the RER station is literally right outside the hotel door, very easy and quick.

There is also an 'Ibis Budget' round the corner, but I haven't stayed there as I didn't want to be any more 'budget' than I was!

The Residhome is in the same area and looks decent.

If you have a bit more money, the Hotel Elysee is lovely and right across the road from the RER. We stayed there years ago - it's been upgraded since and has a price tag to match these days.

If you have a family and need more space with perhaps self catering facilities, there are quite a few options including the Adagio (I think the Residhome also and the Hipark Serris) but I don't have personal experience of those.

Bear in mind that right now, you should only book cancellable rates so it's going to be more expensive than previously.

November will be Christmas season and no-one does Christmas like DLP! I love it.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
They don’t go to Paris from that many airports. If you enter the destination airport first the list of Uk airports will come up.

Why not look at Magic Breaks or Disneyholidays. I would want to stay at a Disney hotel and their prices will include tickets whereas Jet2holidays don’t. I don’t think Jet2holidays offer the onsite hotels.

Edited at 07:43 AM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

When I did a search a few weeks ago, I tried various companies and the best deal was direct through Disney. Hope this helps. I too couldn’t find any breaks to DLP through Jet2holidays.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Also bear in mind you need Charles de Gaulle airport, the others are too far away.

Would agree, look at Magic Breaks if you want offsite, or Disney themselves for onsite. There are two companies, DLP themselves or the Walt Disney Travel Company. Sometimes one is a bit cheaper so check both.

With the DLP website, check other countries' versions as well as the UK version. There are often deals for other countries, and anyone can book any deal. There is often free dining or free children's places.

DLP and WDTC onsite bookigns include tickets from arrival to departure.

So if you are booking offsite, don't forget to factor in the cost of tickets.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Also bear in mind you need Charles de Gaulle airport, the others are too far away.

Would agree, look at Magic Breaks if you want offsite, or Disney themselves for onsite. There are two companies, DLP themselves or the Walt Disney Travel Company. Sometimes one is a bit cheaper so check both.

With the DLP website, check other countries' versions as well as the UK version. There are often deals for other countries, and anyone can book any deal. There is often free dining or free children's places.

DLP and WDTC onsite bookigns include tickets from arrival to departure.

So if you are booking offsite, don't forget to factor in the cost of tickets.
I priced it up recently and it was a touch cheaper with WDTC, there were also more dining plan options.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Thank you all so much I'll have a look through the recommendations.

Jet2 don't go to Paris from many airports Claudette, in fact the one I was looking at is quite a distance from us, they're all under Jet2CityBreaks if you want to look Think it would be better for me to book accommodation and flights separately although there was a really reasonable price on the Elysee that Gill recommended.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsaria
Gone all Goofy

I love the cabins at Davy Crockett Ranch but you need a car. I usually buy my trip on private sales like veepee France or showroomprivee when they have deals. Of course with covid there aren't any private sales at the moment but on disneylandparis.com I have 3 days and 2 nights with entry to both parks from 8/9 to 10/9 for 591€.
7 night Mediterranean Cruise on the Disney Dream May 2023
Trying to figure out what will be our next Disney vacation
Tsaria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List