Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Jun 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Cabana bay or sapphire falls

Sorry guys! I must be driving you all mad chopping and changing hotels 🙈
We are now between cabana bay and sapphire falls!

I had originally ruled out a pull down bed but we managed fine in a room at POR.

I prefer the sapphire falls but i know my boys will love the two pools and lazy river at cabana bay
The water taxi would be great at sapphire falls but the family suite would give us more space at cabana bay

So many pro’s for both!
If you had the choice which would you choose?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I've booked to stay at Sapphire Falls in September 😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Sapphire falls looks gorgeous
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Does anyone know how and where the pull down bed would go at sapphire falls? I just can’t see where it would fit
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

For my family, Sapphire Falls, if I had young kids then it'd be Cabana Bay out of the two.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
For my family, Sapphire Falls, if I had young kids then it'd be Cabana Bay out of the two.
My youngest will only be 8, the older two will be 15 & 18
What do you think 🤔 I really can’t decide lol
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We stayed at Cabana in a family suite last year and kids loved not having to share a bed and thought the pool, slides and lazy river were great. It’s a 5 min walk to Sapphire to catch the boat to US and a 5 min walk to Volcano Bay Would have no hesitation in staying there again
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Sapphire Falls is my favourite of all the Universal hotels. I love the light, airy feel to it. I really liked the grab & go coffee place, and the rooms were very bright and cheerful. I’m not sure where a pull down bed would go as the rooms are pretty standard size, although we have used one over at Royal Pacific before, the rooms are probably comparable in size.

Cabana Bay does have the food court, which is a bonus, but it was only a few minutes walk over there from SF for breakfast

Don’t forget, you can pool hop between the US hotels so you can experience the pool at any of them regardless of where you stay.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sapphire Falls is calmer and I like getting the boat to Citywalk. Cabana Bay is a lot more manic and I found it freezing inside!
Downside to Sapphire Falls is a smaller quick service place and refillable mugs are cold drinks only, no coffee.
Oh and I got an ear infection from Cabana Bays lazy river 😂
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

if you choose one of these resorts would you purchase the front of line passes...i understand these resorts do not include them The reason i am asking is because i have been looking into these resorts also...i have never stayed on site at Universal and was looking at the top resorts for the front of line passes but cost wise would be much happier in one of these two resorts...i have not been to Universal for several years so do not know how necessary these FOL passes are?
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List