Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EdinDisney
Earning My Ears

Mobile Virgin from Glasgow

Hi, first time here. Flying end of Aug and just been browsing Virgin website again and noticed there is still no mention on Glasgow flights, says Gatwick changing to Heathrow and retaining Manchester but nothing about their seasonal routes from Glasgow, now starting to think they may not resume these this year? Anyone thinking the same?
EdinDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah we’re flying from Glasgow in September and I’ve just looked at my booking there and it is still showing a 747 which I thought were no longer in existence? I’m starting to worry also this route isn’t going ahead? Xx
Old 6 Jun 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm thinking they are going to change to regional connections to onward connecting flights that will be indirect via Miami or Atlanta as they are both clearing airports
But that could all change if the borders are fully open by the.
Like everyone else it's a waiting game I'm afraid
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Same here. Just waiting and hoping August 747 flights cancelled. Am going Easter 2022 but would rather have refund (eventually) over open tickets.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not sure about 2020 but Virgin have confirmed the Glasgow flight in 2021. I would imagine if it’s cost effective to continue this years flights they’ll do so. It’s maybe still too early to know.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
EdinDisney
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I’m losing hope, they confirmed flying again from heathrow from 20th July with more routes to follow and the Glasgow route is only to end of October so not much time to get these flights going and would they bother starting them for just a month or so? Just have to keep waiting and hoping I guess
EdinDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

We're Glasgow 8th October still showing 747 but really hoping it gets cancelled. Have rebooked cruise and villa for next May and watching flight prices with both VA and BA.
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

I think you will find Glasgow will become a peak season only route, they have already given notice That both Glasgow and Belfast will become seasonal routes from 28th March 2021

I don’t believe there will be any virgin flights from those two airports before that date. They may codeshare until tgen, but tgat will depend on Many factors
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
I think you will find Glasgow will become a peak season only route, they have already given notice That both Glasgow and Belfast will become seasonal routes from 28th March 2021

I don’t believe there will be any virgin flights from those two airports before that date. They may codeshare until tgen, but tgat will depend on Many factors
Virgin have confirmed they are flying from Glasgow from the 2nd January in 2021.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Glasgow was never all year round any way. Flights are going to be out on a Wednesday and Saturday and back on a Tuesday and Friday.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List