Notices

Old 9 Jul 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

I think I may have seen your family yesterday in Florida Mall. Maybe just a coincidence but I overheard a scottish accent in the soccer shop and only when reading this report it has just sparked that it may have been you.

Sun Haven Villa

Modern 6 Bed Villa
Monitored Alarm
South Facing Pool/Spa
Covered Lanai
Super Fast WiFi
Large screen HDTV
Pool Table

McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Love a trip to sephora like to get to the store several times
You look amazing if you’ve lost all that weight what’s your secret
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Fabulous shoes, but I can't wear heels any more We're taking my DS's BFF and she is going to love Sephora and MK - she would love both those shoes. Will definitely get her to sign up at the till.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Another great day. Nice to meet up with family. They will probably never know how much time you saved them. You have certainly pinged back from your weightloss. Well done.

You could set up a mentoring programme for us fatty fat fat Dibbers. Slim and plan with Helen.

Glad the girls are both felling better and you have honed your plan for the rest of the week. Recalibration - the finer points of planning! Xx
Old 9 Jul 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Love a trip to sephora like to get to the store several times
You look amazing if you’ve lost all that weight what’s your secret
Oooft I’ve no secret. I was morbidly obese all my life - even as a child.

I did every diet club you’ve ever heard of and would lose 5 stone then out 6 on, lose 4 stone then out 5 stone on... over and over, year after year.

Then in 2009 I had a massive health scare and when I got out of hospital I just decided that was it. I had to do something permanent before I left my gorgeous kids motherless. I was killing myself. I believe food addiction is just as real as drug addiction. I researched and read and read and read for 18 months then in 2011 I got a gastric band.

It’s not a magic wand. You do have to work with it every single day and it’s not for everyone. But it was perfect for me, and I don’t care about folk who think it’s the ‘easy’ thing to do. That only proves they’ve no idea what they’re talking about as far as I’m concerned, because easy it is not.

It changed my life completely. I’m happy, healthy and I live life like I’ve had a second chance, because I honestly think I may not still have been here.

I admire people who do it through diet and exercise, I really do. But I spent 20 years trying and failing. Enough was enough for me.

When I ever have a downer on myself I just look at this

Edited at 04:44 PM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh wow Helen you look like a different person, well done you it's certainly no easy option having a gastric band.
ps loving the shoes
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Loving your trip report too. You are a real inspiration. Any tips on keeping the lbs off? Salad and veg?
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post

I did every diet club you’ve ever heard of and would lose 5 stone then out 6 on, lose 4 stone then out 5 stone on... over and over, year after year.

Then in 2009 I had a massive health scare and when I got out of hospital I just decided that was it. I had to do something permanent before I left my gorgeous kids motherless. I was killing myself. I believe food addiction is just as real as drug addiction. I researched and read and read and read for 18 months then in 2011 I got a gastric band.

It’s not a magic wand. You do have to work with it every single day and it’s not for everyone. But it was perfect for me, and I don’t care about folk who think it’s the ‘easy’ thing to do. That only proves they’ve no idea what they’re talking about as far as I’m concerned, because easy it is not.

It changed my life completely. I’m happy, healthy and I live life like I’ve had a second chance, because I honestly think I may not still have been here.

I admire people who do it through diet and exercise, I really do. But I spent 20 years trying and failing. Enough was enough for me.

I still think this is a lovely photo of you and your little one! 🥰 You are inspiring though, many people think gastric surgery is easy or cheating, but it really is a massive commitment, my mum was twenty stone, and as you say, had yo yo dieted all her life, she was getting so she couldnt walk, it was heart breaking to see, then she had a gastric bypass and now she is just unstoppable! She has to work at it though, and she can never eat completely normally again. I understand your beautiful beaming smile now. Xx

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post

Amazing such an inspiration - now I get the clothes buying - I bet it’s an absolute pleasure to buy such lovely things you’d always wanted to wear - you still look really happy in the pic though - is that Hannah? Xx

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

My hubby had a gastric band in 2012. Yes he can never eat normally again but for health reasons was the best thing he ever did. Anyone who says having bariatric surgery is the easy way out I will deck them! It isn't easy at all but having tried everything all his life to no avail this was the only answer.
Love your shoes, absolutely gorgeous. Can't wear heels anymore but can certainly admire them.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List