Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
I'm worried this will happen to us next month... My husband, me and our daughter are in 1 row with our 16 year old son in the window seat in front. The aisle seat in his row was booked about 5 months after us leaving the middle seat free. I'm just worried if an adult and child need seats together, they'll move my son. I'm hoping if this happens, they'll move the person in the aisle seat first as they booked last but I really don't know how it works. Just keeping my fingers crossed
I really wouldn't worry but if I was in your situation and he HAD to move, I'd give him my seat with DH and DD and I'd move.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
I really wouldn't worry but if I was in your situation and he HAD to move, I'd give him my seat with DH and DD and I'd move.
That's what hubby said he would do, just hope he doesn't have to
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I'm worried this will happen to us next month... My husband, me and our daughter are in 1 row with our 16 year old son in the window seat in front. The aisle seat in his row was booked about 5 months after us leaving the middle seat free. I'm just worried if an adult and child need seats together, they'll move my son. I'm hoping if this happens, they'll move the person in the aisle seat first as they booked last but I really don't know how it works. Just keeping my fingers crossed
Can you log into the booking and move to a 4 across the middle ? We like windows, but we prefer not sitting next to randomers more than looking out of the window.

We have a middle row selected for 1 month today
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
I never get peoples obsession with sitting together on flights as a couple (unless there is a phobia or medical issue).

My husband and I have never paid to sit together and on one leg of our honeymoon flights we were actually sat apart... We are still alive and still married... The world didn't crumble.

I would never voluntarily move for a couple to be together "just because", unless I was being upgraded of course!
You don’t need “to get” it. Everyone is different and really there’s no right or wrong way.

Personally I find the word “obsession” is too strong for this issue but everyone’s perception of situations is different.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
You don’t need “to get” it. Everyone is different and really there’s no right or wrong way.

Personally I find the word “obsession” is too strong for this issue but everyone’s perception of situations is different.
Course there's no right or wrong...I am surprised by the number of defensive responses to this comment. I ignored it on the grounds that it contradicted itself. On the one hand she is suggesting you should be accepting of any seat, but on the other you should stubbornly stick to one seat rather than moving and helping someone. Which bit do I listen to ?
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Can you log into the booking and move to a 4 across the middle ? We like windows, but we prefer not sitting next to randomers more than looking out of the window.

We have a middle row selected for 1 month today
We need economy delight as only my 7 year old is below 6'. I think the middle seats are just classic unfortunately. Thank you anyway. I have the aisle seat anyway as I actually hate looking out of the window so I would be more than happy away from the window if I still had extra legroom!
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We need economy delight as only my 7 year old is below 6'. I think the middle seats are just classic unfortunately. Thank you anyway. I have the aisle seat anyway as I actually hate looking out of the window so I would be more than happy away from the window if I still had extra legroom!
As much as you don't need your opinions validating...that makes perfect sense. The middle are only standard seats which leaves you with a compromise whichever way you do it. As the only one above 6 foot in my family, I prefer to suck up the legroom over sitting next to strangers. We used to book the ELR seats (when they were called that) so I could get comfy enough to sleep on the way home. Now having a second Daughter, we go to the middle. My youngest is only 3 so I stick my legs into her space
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
. My youngest is only 3 so I stick my legs into her space
my DD is 9 we make her stand in the galley all flight so we can grab her space
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Not on a florida flight and wasn't me but a friend travelling to japan with 2 young children was allocated seats all over the plane. one of the children was very young and they asked a man (on his own) to swap seats (no real difference in the seats so no reason not too other than the inconvenience of moving after he had sat down) but he refused. Unfortunately for him the young child was subsequently sick all over him, a short distance into a very long flight. All that said, if you have paid for a seat and its a good one it really would take me quite a bit of persuading to move unless there was an obvious reason for it - such as in my friends case. a flight to florida is a v long one and when you have paid for something, you really should get it in my view.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List