Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
GreenJimmy
a Friend of the DIBB

No car hire. What to do with luggage?

Hi, I'm not intending to hire a car on next month's trip as we intend using Uber / Lyft.
We are staying in a villa and am flying Aer Lingus (MCO - Dublin).

I'm now wondering what options we have for our luggage on the last day after we check out of the villa as I can't think of any convenient location to leave our luggage before we head to the airport late afternoon.

Any tips / suggestions appreciated on this.
GreenJimmy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Why not book a day room at the airport and have a pool day there, alternatively is your villa booked back to back or could you negotiate a late check out.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
GreenJimmy
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Why not book a day room at the airport and have a pool day there, alternatively is your villa booked back to back or could you negotiate a late check out.
Yeah, checked the villa and it is booked for the next day at this stage.
GreenJimmy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Day room at the Hyatt at the airport is your best option. Access to the swimming pool and shower in room means you’ll be well chilled and refreshed for flight home!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Depends how many of you there are but how about spending the last night at a Disney value hotel and use ME to get to the airport. Bell Services will look after your luggage after you check out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
GreenJimmy
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by Sue BL View Post
Depends how many of you there are but how about spending the last night at a Disney value hotel and use ME to get to the airport. Bell Services will look after your luggage after you check out.
I am actually staying at OKW for the first 5 days of my trip and I'm getting the ME to OKW.
Would it be possible to then return to OKW on Day 14, leave our bags with bell services and get the ME to the airport?
Old 17 Jul 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by GreenJimmy View Post
I am actually staying at OKW for the first 5 days of my trip and I'm getting the ME to OKW.
Would it be possible to then return to OKW on Day 14, leave our bags with bell services and get the ME to the airport?
I think you may need a “night before” reservation to use ME.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GreenJimmy View Post
No. You’ve got to check out from disney property on the day you want to use MDE!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Whoa thats going to be a lot of money spent on Uber/Lyft every day? Where is villa?

Any reason for no car?
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
GreenJimmy
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by paulfoel View Post
Whoa thats going to be a lot of money spent on Uber/Lyft every day? Where is villa?

Any reason for no car?
Honestly felt that Uber would be no more expensive than hiring a car after factoring in parking charges with a car. Also gives me the option of having a few beers in the evening.

But that aside, I'm assuming that the Uber would cost tops $50 per day (for 4 trips), so $450 for 9 days.
Would a hire car be cheaper than that?