Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Feb 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Lucy & Nick // The Superfan and the Skeptic // Day 14 - BOG Breakfast and Home Time :(

Trip Report Index can be found here

Day 13 can be found here

Day 14 - Be Our Guest, Disney Springs & Home Time

So, we have finally come to the final part of the trip report. I have really enjoyed writing it all up as it has brought up all of the memories again of the most amazing holiday. As you can see, we have another countdown so I really can't wait to get to my happy place.

Apologies in advance as we obviously didn't take any photos this day hardly!

We woke up nice and early at 7:30am (I know for lots of Dibber that is not early, but for us on holiday it definitely is!) as we had a breakfast ADR for Be Our Guest. We got ready and headed out of our room for the final time. We took our bags down to bell services, and I was majorly struggling with mine as they were just so heavy haha! We then made a stop at the concierge desk as we had some left over dollars that I wanted to use towards our bill.

I didn’t realise that they took the money super early in the morning, so they had already charged my card by this point. I was a bit gutted as we had no use for the $80 and I knew with exchange rates we would lose out changing it back. Thankfully the CM was lovely and took the $80 cash and refunded it back to my card, which was really nice of her as she didn’t have to do that! Our room bill was about $300 (even after already paying $300 off it earlier in the hotel - oops!) I never checked the bill but have read quite a few stories about people being charged extra for things so I do wish I had checked just to make sure. It will be so much easier now you can see a running total of charges in the MDE app! I think that is a brilliant addition!

By the time we got to the bus stop it was 8:50 and our ADR was at 9:40. We had just missed a bus and the next one was due at 9:05 so I knew it was going to be tight. The bus finally set off at 9:10 and we pulled in to MK at 9:30. Thankfully bag check and entry was really quick today and we pretty much ran across the park to the Beast’s castle to check in for our ADR. We had already pre-ordered our food and I was glad we had because the other queue was super long. We chose a table in the Library as it was quieter than the chaos in the ballroom and we had already sat there earlier on in the holiday. Once we found a table I went and grabbed us some drinks.

I had been telling Nick how cool the system here was and how our food would magically just appear, and he was skeptical, but I assured him it would happen. I was sadly let down. I had also ordered a cupcake and this did come pretty much instantly, but there was no sign of the rest of our food. We kept seeing people who arrived after us getting their food so we were getting pretty annoyed as we wanted to head over to DS after breakfast to use up our snack credits and we were being picked up by 1:10pm (or so I had thought - more on this later).

By 10:10 (after 30 minutes of waiting), there was still no sign of our food so I went and questioned it. There was a woman stood with loads of receipts and she looked through them and told me it would be out asap. I can only imagine the receipts she was holding were the meals where they couldn’t find the guests or something? She also took my magic band and refunded the 2QS credits. We really didn’t need this though since we still has loads left anyway!).

True to her word our food came out really quickly. I had heard quite a lot of reviews that people’s food had arrived cold so I was thinking that because of the issues we had at least it would have been cooked fresh and therefore would be hot, but sadly it was lukewarm at best. I had ordered the Gastons Feast and Nick had ordered the Cronut but we were planning to share. I picked at Gastons Feast but I didn’t like the Cronut. I have a sweet tooth but that was just too much for me. Nick loved both and finished it all off. Our pastries finally arrived at some point, but by this point we both just wanted to eat and leave.

We left at 10:30am and headed out of the park. It was only at this point that we realised you can’t get a bus to DS before 4pm. So annoying - I don’t remember this from other holidays! Thankfully I saw an SSR bus at its stop and knew you could walk from there to DS so we jumped on this. It worked out well because I was really interested in staying here at some point due to its proximity to DS as we really like DS in an evening.
We asked the driver to let us know when we needed to get off and he kindly obliged, and we walked over the bridge to DS. I really liked the look of the hotel. We have Port Orleans booked for 2018 currently due to lack of SSR availability but if it does come available again I will be tempted to swap to there instead. It is also great if you have an ADR at a resort as you don’t have to go to a park to change onto a resort bus, you can just wander over to DS.

We headed to our first stop: Goofy’s Candy Co. We had 40 snack credits available (when you combined left over SC and QS credits). We picked up loads of Goofy’s Candy bags, krispy cakes, cookies etc. I also picked a smore to eat at some point in the day and Nick got some oreo fudge. I think the bill would have come to about $150 OOP, and we hadn’t even used all the credits up! It all weighed a ton though so I was worried about luggage limits again!

Next up we headed to Earl of Sandwich as my mum wanted some of the creme brownie things picking up. The queue was absolutely huge and there was no way we would have had time to wait, so I asked someone who worked there and they kindly let me jump to the front of the queue as I didn’t want a sandwich or anything else and I grabbed 3 for 1 QS.

We practically ran back to the bus stop but we had to wait about 15 minutes for a bus. I was feeling pretty nervous by this point as we still had to change and pack all of the snacks away and reweigh our bags.

We got back to the hotel and changed as quickly as we could and stuffed the snacks in wherever there was space. We reweighed the bags and we were quite substantially over the limit on a couple of bags, so we had a shuffle around. I think by the time we were finished we had 0.41kgs left between all of our bags lol.

I realised I didn’t have a print out for the Magical Express since we had changed our bus booking (due to move from CBR to AKL I mentioned earlier in the report) so I asked the lady at bell services and she printed one for me. Annoyingly, the time on the slip said 2pm, as it had changed from 1:10pm when we had moved our booking. We sat in the lobby to charge our phones and I ate my smore before we headed out to the Magical Express bus stop. It ended up being about 10 minutes late but we were soon on our way to the airport. I was so sad! I just didn’t want to leave. I keep seeing trip reports of 3 & 4 weeks and this is definitely something I want to do at some point!

We were on the bus with quite a few first timers (I had heard them talking) so I knew they would take a while figuring out where to go, but because I knew exactly where to go we made our way to check in quickly to try to beat the queues. There wasn’t a single group before us so we were all checked in within a few minutes and 2 extremely heavy suitcases lighter which was a relief.

With that, we headed off to get food. I always get food before security as there is barely anything once you are through. I knew exactly what I wanted - Chick-Fil-A! I had it for the first time when I was in Texas in 2007 and I have loved it ever since! I did try to convince Nick to try it but he was boring and went for McDonalds and had one of the create your own burgers. I accidentally ordered chicken nuggets instead of the chicken strips I usually have and I only got a small portion so I was still quite hungry afterwards annoyingly. I also got some of their Polynesian sauce because I absolutely love it! I wish you could buy it in Walmart, I would stockpile the stuff!

After food we had a quick browse in the shops but we didn’t buy anything and then we decided it was about time to head through security. It was absolute chaos (as always!), in fact I would say it was worse that I have ever seen it. It is always chaos, so I can’t figure out why they still haven’t done anything about it, there has to be a way to improve it!

After we made it to the gate we started to board almost immediately so we got settled. It was a pretty uneventful flight home to be honest, as we both tried to sleep most of the way home, although I failed for the most part.

We landed back in London at 7.30am and we were off the plane, through passport control, reunited with our bags and on our train back to central London by 8:20am which I was pretty happy about! We had a bit of a nightmare for part of our journey though as we tried to get an uber back from Elephant & Castle back to Canary Wharf. The first uber I ordered cancelled on us and the second one was driving around for ages trying to find us. By the time we got home it was 10am, so not too bad! I instantly unpacked everything, found places for our new purchases and stuck a wash on, as I knew that I wouldn’t have the energy or motivation later on. After that we had a nap for a couple of hours, although we both had to be back in work the next day so we were careful not to sleep for too long. The rest of the day was just spend getting organised.

And so ends my trip report! Thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read, and especially to those who have taken the time to comment, I appreciate it all.

I have loved writing this as it allowed my to relive the holiday. It really was just such an amazing holiday - I would say my favourite Disney holiday so far even! Here’s to 2018!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Pleased to see your last few days pop up. You had a great trip, shame about ROL being cancelled on your last night but yay to having another trip booked! Thanks for sharing.
I’m looking forward to reading the pre trip report
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Pleased to see your last few days pop up. You had a great trip, shame about ROL being cancelled on your last night but yay to having another trip booked! Thanks for sharing.
I’m looking forward to reading the pre trip report
Haha I have had them written up on my laptop for ages, I just haven't had time to faff around with the photo uploads but I knew I had to finish it off and couldn't leave it half done!
I know - so excited to have another trip booked - I never thought we would be going in 2018 but I found bargain flights and *accidentally* booked them
Will hopefully post the pre-trip tonight or tomorrow night
Thanks for reading!
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Last day, last comment! Have loved reading your trip, can't wait for the next one.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

lovely to catch up with your last few days, sounds like you had a great time and how lovely to have the next countdown well underway already!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore-x
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Really enjoyed reading, thanks for taking the time to make such a detailed and interesting trip report
Eeyore-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Last day, last comment! Have loved reading your trip, can't wait for the next one.
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
lovely to catch up with your last few days, sounds like you had a great time and how lovely to have the next countdown well underway already!
Originally Posted by Eeyore-x View Post
Really enjoyed reading, thanks for taking the time to make such a detailed and interesting trip report
Thank you all so much for reading! Really appreciate it!

So excited for our next trip now!
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've really enjoyed reading your report, thanks for sharing your holiday with us all. I'm glad you've been able to tempt the sceptic into another round of Orlando fun. I hope your plans for this year go well and that you have an awesome holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Yay! I got to the end before the baby woke up!
Thank you for taking the time to write this, it’s a fab report!
Looking forward to the next one xx
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Being able to keep track of your charges is awesome, I was always paranoid things were wrong and having to pop to the front desk to check in the past, so having them on my phone last trip was great.

I am with you on the shambles of MCO security, no excuse for it. We always grab something to eat prior to going through as well, but I can never relax because I always know we're about to spend God knows how long being herded like cattle.

I am jealous of you living in London and the airport being so convenient for you, travelling from Scotland is a nightmare.

Thank you for sharing! Our trips this year, almost overlap, it looks like you'll be flying out just as we are coming home.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List