Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
justus2again
Imagineer

We are a live for today as well when we came back in 2005 i had a brain hemorrhage so missed 2006 but went twice in 2007 and every year since say each year we will give it a miss then always find a cheap flight do what is best for your family you only live once enjoy x
2005 southern dunes 2007 legacy park 2007 southern dunes 2008 lake Wilson 2009 southern dunes 2010 Hampton lakes 2011 greater groves 2012 Windsor palms 2013 southern dunes 2014 vista park 2015 villa Lindfields 2016 west haven villa 2017 acorn villa 2018 villa silver creek 2019 champions gate 2020 2021 the years of no go 2022 all booked for this year
justus2again is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

Mobile

For me it would be wait for next year. But only because it would bug me to paying something off after the actual event.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I'd wait but only because Disney will be busy with Star Wars. Same park as Toy Story which would be a must with a dinky
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’d go if it were me, but I’m disciplined about setting up a standing order to pay off 0% cards within the interest-free period. Follow your gut here but also use your head about paying off the debt. Yes it’ll be busy in Hollywood Studios but there are three other great parks to enjoy plus water parks and pool time, and you’ll go again! What a nice decision to have to make 😀
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We booked for the end of August early September as the prices next year had gone up. 2 adults All Stars Sports tickets with Virgin £3000.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I could not put such an expense in a credit card. If I don’t have the money in the bank then I go without.
But... I worry and stress about money all the time. I panic over things that have not happened like my his dad becoming redundant or one of us having a critical illness.
Knowing I owed money would totally stress me out and lead to many sleepless nights.
Quite a few of my friends bang everything on the credit card and don’t worry at all. So you need to do what is best for you and your family.
We are not going this year. We could actually scrap enough together and go but we are saving hard and having a big one next year 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I'd wait.

It is soul destroying saving to pay off a holiday that has already been taken. We did it once when we got a deal that was just unmissable. We did not really regret it at the time, but with hindsight, we should have waited - it was hard to have no holiday the next year because the previous one needed paying for.

oh... and Star Wars stuff this year will make the parks manic.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Soexcited2804
Getting Excited

Mobile

Worst thing is paying off a holiday after you’ve been, I would go next year.
Soexcited2804 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd wait too.

You can use the £2k this summer to go on holiday this year and still save for next. For £2k you'll get an all inclusive somewhere on a beach and have a great time

If you put Florida on the credit card you'll have a holiday this year but no money for another next.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Hmmm I’d wait too. You’ve mentioned that your wife could possibly have another child and I wouldn’t want to be paying back thousands while also having a baby on the way. God forbid she should have a difficult pregnancy or the baby be born with medical issues and that credit card debt will be a hanging from your neck like a lump of lead.

IF you go this year I would wait until the debt is paid down to have another baby.

I’m also a person who doesn’t like to put things off because you don’t know what’s around the corner but in this instance I think what seems like a little debt on a 0% card could easily spiral out of control and be a major headache. I say put your heads down now for 12 months - next years quote will surely come down, flights aren’ t even released yet, put away money each month and you’ll have the benefit of the holiday but also the satisfaction of working toward a common goal with your wife. Do look into what your insurance will cover in the event that your wife gets pregnant and her due date conflicts with the holiday.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List