Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
What day of the week are you flying on as this has a huge impact on times. The weekends will result in longer waits than if you arrive midweek.
We're flying on a Thursday
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aj26392 View Post
We're flying on a Thursday
No customs forms for us for maybe the last three visits and no separate customs officer for maybe last half dozen entries. Straight to the Immigration Officer who will photograph you and maybe fingerprints (again not us for ages - we must look honest ).

The IO may ask if you have food. We always say yes to coffee (it is the law ) and the IO will always say "you can get that stuff here sir" but I remain polite, smile nicely and say "wow I bet you have colour TV here as well"

The last bit was a joke.

Mick
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
No customs forms for us for maybe the last three visits and no separate customs officer for maybe last half dozen entries. Straight to the Immigration Officer who will photograph you and maybe fingerprints (again not us for ages - we must look honest ).

The IO may ask if you have food. We always say yes to coffee (it is the law ) and the IO will always say "you can get that stuff here sir" but I remain polite, smile nicely and say "wow I bet you have colour TV here as well"

The last bit was a joke.

Mick

twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It was so varied the twice we’ve been! 2017 we were through immigration in like 35 mins but waited what felt like FOREVER for our bags to arrive. 2018 we had a good 90+ minute wait and then my partner was called through for additional security which was BUSY we were on the magical express 3+ hours after we landed!
wheety1621 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wheety1621 View Post
It was so varied the twice we’ve been! 2017 we were through immigration in like 35 mins but waited what felt like FOREVER for our bags to arrive. 2018 we had a good 90+ minute wait and then my partner was called through for additional security which was BUSY we were on the magical express 3+ hours after we landed!
This is my worst fear lol... I always think I look guilty and will be called for additional security and turned away even though I haven't done anything wrong 😂
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We arrived on a Weds two weeks ago and were there an hour and a half , there were three planes in front of us and it ended up they had to take our flights luggage off the carousel to make room for flights behind us.
That's the worst I can remember
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Took us about 30 mins 2weeks ago today. We were about first off our plane but a Glasgow flight arrived fractionally before us. queue managers good but i always find the incredible lack of humour from the actual immigration officers a bit disconcerting - which i am sure is the point but surely saying "have a good holiday" after completing the stamps wouldn't be the end of the world.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

We try not to worry about how long this takes. Firstly we are used to queueing and secondly there’s a lot of building work happening at MCO. Thirdly if 5 other flights land in close proximity to each other there’s going to be lots of folks doing the same thing waiting in line. It all really relies on whether or not Immigration Officers are in duty on more than single numbers or not. They have a lot to do so we just try to keep that in mind.. just bear in mind they will ask where you will be staying and for how long address etc.. we didn’t tell DS one year and the cat was out the bag at the airport DS was ecstatic once we said where we were going though. Still can’t believe we kept it secret until then😉🤣 We’ve been lucky and always had great IO staff who were quick and efficient and interested in talking to us about our vacation.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Anyone who has served in HM Forces will be familiar with the phrase “hurry up and wait” this is my mantra in any form of queue I’m involved with, my DDs shake their heads in the most patronising way when I say it as they know it’s coming, it keeps me happy though !
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post

The last bit was a joke.

Mick
That's dreadful Gadgey, yer kna IO's divent dee jokes bonny lad (it's part of their contract; funny bone to be surgically removed)... still, you really should know better at your age to be more inventive, how about answering; 'nowt but reet lad (or lass/LGBT/non specific gender), see tha's also got leccy too, betten tha's got running watter too, reet?' Bit of Yorkshire/Durham banter impresses 'em every time

AJ, re immigration, wanna borrow my piece of string pet, play a bit of Cats Cradle, afore you know it you've killed three hours in the immigration queue