Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile To change date or not to change

Can seasoned Disney goers help. Have booked for sept next year with what will be a 3.7 year old and 6 year old. Taking the 6 year old out of year 2 for 2 whole weeks (she will go in for first few days to new class) currently paid with Disney pofq ddp etc for 5064 then flights to add. Now debating may 2020 as a little worried about the hurricane season (after seeing a few posts) and whether missing one week of bank holiday and only one week off school is better. Full Disney package coming in about 7300 with flights (seemed cheaper to book with Disney direct for some reason) but youngest will only be 3.3 months and thought older would be better. What would you do? Stick with sept or change to May. Well done if you even got this far 😂😝
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Swap for May. Although the weather can never be guaranteed in Florida, May should be much drier than September and no risk of disruptive storms and hurricanes
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Think May a better option but might just be worth checking with school when SATs are for year 2 (DD had hers about a week before half term)
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks both. I am swaying to May but was liking the fact the little one would be older. If we go in May she would only be year 1 still
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

We've been several times in May and September.
We've experienced a hurricane in September and also our flight being cancelled and having to go a week later because of a hurricane, but we've also had perfect weather in September a few times with no rain at all for 2 weeks. Same with May, weather is usually good but last year we had rain almost every day for 3 weeks. You really have no control over the weather and it varies from one year to the next, so I wouldn't let that influence your decision.
If I didn't have school age children to consider I think my favourite time to go would be the last 2 weeks of September as I've found it to be one of the quietest times of year in the parks
Regarding taking children out of school, lots of us have done it, lots of us would never do it, but they are your children so that's a decision
only you can make.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I guess the one thing you can never control is the weather. We have booked from 9th sept. I don’t have any issues with missing school due to her age but it’s a new year and wondered if it would be worse for her in terms of getting to know her new class etc.
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been both months and much preferred May. September was absolutely roasting and humid (v much like June/July) whereas May is hot but without the humidity. Sept has increased chances of hurricanes/ tropical storms too!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t worry about the weather Disney knows how to look after their guests they have been doing it for decades. They always have contingency plans and there’s always thing to do for the kids in the resorts, they bus characters out to them too. You will see things like decorate a cookie games and scavenger hunts for the kids. There will be food available too, lots of CMs come in to work extra in times like this. They keep you updated constantly with what to expect each day.
As for the kids ages all I can say is there are plenty of rides and shows to entertain them. We took our son for his first birthday and did lots of firsts with him there. Just go at their pace, if they need a nap mid afternoon let them nap. The thing about vacations is you can make a list of the things you want to incorporate into your days and get the kids involved too. If they want to see their favourite characters or shows spend some time at the Disney Junior area aka Playhouse Disney. Let them dance if they want to at the various dance parties each park has one these days. I too would vote for May the weather isn’t too sticky and the days are usually good mid afternoon showers can be expected but they don’t last long. See if the kids would like to do the Epcot Passport where they get something added to their book at each pavilion and can show their friends and teachers when they get home. Each park has something they can do like the in AK there’s the Wilderness Explorer Badge collection. Lots of ideas in the WDW guide books I’m sure.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List