Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

July 2009... Day 19...The New York Part

Day 19 – New York and Home

Sunday 26th July

Day 18

Us lot…

DH (48) – Enzo – puts up with us and is happy as long as we’re happy (not with on the New York leg)

Me (39) – Angelina – the planner and tour guide

DD (16) – Gabriella – my shopping buddy…if there’s a Sephora…we’re in it

DS (13) – Gianni – likes to eat and always has a smile ready when he sees me point the camera at him

After a much better night’s sleep we awoke to our final day in New York We had decided that we were going to take it easy today and just hang around Times Square.

Whilst I finished off the packing, Gianni took some photos from the window…

We left our bags and cases with in the luggage room and checked out at 10ish before heading out for brunch. Today we were going to Ellen’s Stardust Diner. We’d had our last meal here when we last came to New York….so I think we can call it a tradition now

It was really busy in here and great fun. I just love all the singing and music. We could have sat in here all day.

We didn’t bother with starters as we had already decided we were going to be hitting the desert menu today….Gabriella had the grilled cheese sandwich, Gianni had pesto and chicken pasta and I had hotdogs. For desert we had….Gabriella – Death by Chocolate, Gianni – Apple Strudel, Me – Mississippi Mud Pie (I know…what about Weight Watchers? It’s my last day…I’m having CHOCOLATE) 3 sodas with that and the bill came to $81.

There was some last-minute shopping that we wanted to do so we headed back out into the heat, reluctantly, at 11.30.

We saw the Naked Cowboy….didn’t bother with a photo with him…he was very touchy feely…

We had a good browse in a music shop, Gabriella bought herself some nice jeans from Billabong and a jumper from Quicksilver. I bought Gianni a jumper in Quicksilver and another bag for myself together with some flip-flops

…took a few photos as we crossed over to the other side…

Jazzy police station with it’s lights…

…we learnt on our tour that all buildings in Times Square have to have a minimum of 16% of their fronts lit up.

I forgot to mention that the Virgin Megastore is no more. I did wonder as I’d read that the one in Downtown Disney had shut down. I’d seen the lights from our window on the first night so assumed it was still open. Alas, the lights are on but it’s all boarded up

We had to nip into the Sephora shop on Times Square….think we only went into 5 of them whilst in N Y Spent a little time in here, bought a little mirror and paid for that at 3.40pm….

Our flight was at 6.25 so we made our way, slowly, to the hotel to collect our luggage and hopped in a Yellow Cab back to the airport

What can I say….erm…we headed straight to the restrooms to freshen up and change into our travelling clothes before checking in the luggage. We wandered around for a while downstairs where the shops are then made our way through security to wait for the plane.

Just before we were due to board the heavens opened and it rained and rained. How lucky were we? Safely on the plane it then took about another 45 minutes before we actually took off. That’s what I dislike about JFK, you don’t just land and get off or get on and take off. It’s a whole ‘get in a queue’ thing.

The flight for me was ok. I didn’t get any sleep but then again I was too busy watching films. The children were in the 2 seats behind me. Gabriella had a horrible flight but didn’t tell me why until we got off. The man behind her put his feet up on her arm rest. His socks smelt of wee The poor thing, she had to put up with that for most of the flight.

We landed at Heathrow to be met by our taxi driver and got home at about mid-day. I was sat in the front and was really trying to fight sleep and tried so hard but I know I did the nodding dog thing

That’s it really. One of the best holidays we’ve ever had is over. I still can’t really believe that we’ve been! It all seems like a dream.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 09, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Thanks for taking the time to post a trip report. I have really enjoyed reading about every day of your hols! It came across that you & your family had a great time. You have given me plenty of ideas for our next trip!
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 09, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

Absolutely fantastic trip report, must be the best one i've read todate,
has really helped to get me in the mood, and all the great things there is to do on the west coast
You obviously had a holiday of a lifetime, with some no doubt fantastic memories to saver, especially yosemite, with those spectacular views and also the wonderful world of disney.
If our trip is half as good as yours, we'll all be well HAPPY.
Thanks for sharing all your wonderful memories with us.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 09, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ashc13 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post a trip report. I have really enjoyed reading about every day of your hols! It came across that you & your family had a great time. You have given me plenty of ideas for our next trip!
Thank you. I'm glad you've enjoyed it. We really did have a fabulous time.

Originally Posted by travelmam View Post
Absolutely fantastic trip report, must be the best one i've read todate,
has really helped to get me in the mood, and all the great things there is to do on the west coast
You obviously had a holiday of a lifetime, with some no doubt fantastic memories to saver, especially yosemite, with those spectacular views and also the wonderful world of disney.
If our trip is half as good as yours, we'll all be well HAPPY.
Thanks for sharing all your wonderful memories with us.

You're welcome. Thanks so much for reading it. I'm sure there's so much more we should have done... it only we had more time!

I hope you'll post a report and photos. I'll look forward to reading it.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 09, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
donnakirby
Apprentice Imagineer

donnakirby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Absolutely Fantastic trip reports - Thank you so much for taking the time to write them - you seem to have had a brilliant holiday xx
Old 31 Aug 09, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

What a fantast trip, thank you for taking the time to write up a TR its been a fantastic read. It sounds like you had an amazing trip and have some fantastic photos
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 09, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

I've really enjoyed reading your reports Ang. Thank you for sharing them all with us. No doubt they'll be lovely for you to look back over in time
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 09, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Fabulous trip report! I have really enjoyed reading it and thank you for taking the time to write it.

Can't wait till our west coast trip now! 34 days to go!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 09, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Ang... I've really enjoyed reading your trip reports.

Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 09, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

I think I have enjoyed this trippie more than any other I have read! Thank you for putting so much effort into it and making it so enjoyable to read. And the photos were all fab.
Glad you all had such a wonderful time.
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List