Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Oct 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Car Hire - DCCC

Looking for some advice on how best to do this!

We are approaching the time when we can book flights and car hire. I am planning on going through Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire and collecting from and dropping of at the Disney Car Care Centre.

We are staying onsite for the first five nights, so will be taking advantage of using Disney transport during that time and only hiring the car for our off-site stay. We are also having our last night onsite.

We'll be hitting a park on our last onsite day, probably until about mid-afternoon and would plan to collect the car after that. I know you can arrange a shuttle to be collected and taken to the DCCC, but would it be easier to be collected from whatever park we are at, or from AKL?

Also, how early can we drop the car off in the morning? We are staying at GF on our last night. We are hoping to drop our bags there early and then hit Magic Kingdom for our last full day, but we would need to drop the car off at some point too. How close is the DCCC to Magic Kingdom? Is it within walking distance of the Ticket and Transportation? Or would I need to arrange transport to get me there while the rest of the family monorail from GF?

Sorry for the long winded post for a couple of relatively simple questions!

TIA

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. I have broken down the answers for you.

We'll be hitting a park on our last onsite day, probably until about mid-afternoon and would plan to collect the car after that. I know you can arrange a shuttle to be collected and taken to the DCCC, but would it be easier to be collected from whatever park we are at, or from AKL?

It's entirely your choice where the Minibus picks you up from and indeed how many of you there are. You can be picked up from a park, resort or Disney Springs. Some of the Party can go in the bus and the rest go back to the Resort or whatever combination you like.

Also, how early can we drop the car off in the morning?

They open at various times between 6.00am and 8.00am depending on the time of year. They will advise you nearer the time if you ring up. maybe when you pick the car up I would suggest

We are staying at GF on our last night. We are hoping to drop our bags there early and then hit Magic Kingdom for our last full day, but we would need to drop the car off at some point too.

How close is the DCCC to Magic Kingdom? Is it within walking distance of the Ticket and Transportation?

Impossible to walk to it. It is within 150 yards of the MK toll plazas and there are no sidewalks.

Or would I need to arrange transport to get me there while the rest of the family monorail from GF?

A lot will depend on your pick up time. The car needs to be back before that time X number of days later. If you return later than that they will charge for an extra day

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Alamo provide transport to and from the DCCC and as far as I can tell they’re very flexible. For example we arranged pick up from Animal Kingdom and after we dropped the car off we got Alamo to bring us to Blizzard Beach

So in your case you could send the family off to MK while you drop the car off and have Alamo bring you to join them
Old 24 Oct 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
You could always keep the car and drop it off at the airport on your way home if that's easier.
Old 24 Oct 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. I have broken down the answers for you.

It's entirely your choice where the Minibus picks you up from and indeed how many of you there are. You can be picked up from a park, resort or Disney Springs. Some of the Party can go in the bus and the rest go back to the Resort or whatever combination you like.

Also, how early can we drop the car off in the morning?

They open at various times between 6.00am and 8.00am depending on the time of year. They will advise you nearer the time if you ring up. maybe when you pick the car up I would suggest

We are staying at GF on our last night. We are hoping to drop our bags there early and then hit Magic Kingdom for our last full day, but we would need to drop the car off at some point too.

How close is the DCCC to Magic Kingdom? Is it within walking distance of the Ticket and Transportation?

Impossible to walk to it. It is within 150 yards of the MK toll plazas and there are no sidewalks.

Or would I need to arrange transport to get me there while the rest of the family monorail from GF?

A lot will depend on your pick up time. The car needs to be back before that time X number of days later. If you return later than that they will charge for an extra day
Thank you, that is so helpful.

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
You could always keep the car and drop it off at the airport on your way home if that's easier.
We'll be taking advantage of the ME to get back to the airport so we really wouldn't want to be doing that.

October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I used DCCC this year on Tom's advice and it was truly excellent- best hire experience I think I have ever had in maybe 50+ hires worldwide.
Another tip I would say if dropping off here- don't pre pay for any fuel at an inflated rate, you actually drive through a Speedway garage forecourt to drive into the DCCC so it is so simple to fill it up again.
Old 24 Oct 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I used DCCC this year on Tom's advice and it was truly excellent- best hire experience I think I have ever had in maybe 50+ hires worldwide.
Another tip I would say if dropping off here- don't pre pay for any fuel at an inflated rate, you actually drive through a Speedway garage forecourt to drive into the DCCC so it is so simple to fill it up again.
Brilliant! Thanks for the tip!

Old 24 Oct 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT has given good advice ref the fuel if you think you wont do a tankful as Alamo charge you for a full tank if you pre pay.

I normally fill up at that Speedway as it's so easy after leaving the MK

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List