Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Nov 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Trail's End Breakfast

I'm going to WDW in Nov 19, and for the first time I'm staying on property and therefore not hiring a car immediately. It's a tradition of mine that I have a Disney buffet breakfast on my first morning, and this trip I'm going to Trail's End - mostly because they appear to be the only buffet breakfast place that still does biscuits and gravy! (So if that could not change in the next 12 months please and thank you. I love WDW biscuits and gravy! )

Am I correct in thinking that my only option to get there from the All Star Resorts is going to be a Lyft/Uber to the main entrance of WL/WLC and then the internal bus which starts at 7am? I'm hoping that by the time I'm done with breakfast I can get the boat over to MK.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

If you’re going to Trails End then you need to get to Fort Wilderness Campground not Wilderness lodge.

I’ve no idea of the best way at that time of day but your plan sounds workable. I am wondering if the boat between The Contemporary and FWC runs that early (I know it starts before the boat to MK) but even if it did you’d need to bus to MK, walk to The Contemporary then boat to FWC so a faff anyway especially that time of the morning! Once your meal is done the boat to MK direct should have started properly.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had an Uber driver who just went right through fort wilderness no issue. But do allow time in case they make you get bus. Also lots of WDW buffets still do biscuits and gravy - Crystal Palace, the wave, Tusker house etc.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
We had an Uber driver who just went right through fort wilderness no issue. But do allow time in case they make you get bus. Also lots of WDW buffets still do biscuits and gravy - Crystal Palace, the wave, Tusker house etc.
Thank you!

As of sometime before May of this year they've stopped doing biscuits and gravy at The Wave, that was my traditional place!
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pinkstargirl View Post
Thank you!

As of sometime before May of this year they've stopped doing biscuits and gravy at The Wave, that was my traditional place!
Oh- I had some at the Wave in September? Maybe I just got lucky!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
Oh- I had some at the Wave in September? Maybe I just got lucky!
I think they still had biscuits but no gravy when I was there in May, and I even asked one of the staff who said they didn’t do it, so they’ve either brought it back again or you did get lucky!
Old 22 Nov 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pinkstargirl View Post
I'm going to WDW in Nov 19, and for the first time I'm staying on property and therefore not hiring a car immediately. It's a tradition of mine that I have a Disney buffet breakfast on my first morning, and this trip I'm going to Trail's End - mostly because they appear to be the only buffet breakfast place that still does biscuits and gravy! (So if that could not change in the next 12 months please and thank you. I love WDW biscuits and gravy! )

Am I correct in thinking that my only option to get there from the All Star Resorts is going to be a Lyft/Uber to the main entrance of WL/WLC and then the internal bus which starts at 7am? I'm hoping that by the time I'm done with breakfast I can get the boat over to MK.
A note on the transport side, we had a brunch reservation last week and we got the bus from All stars to MK and then the boat.

However if you are going for breakfast, it depends on how early your reservation is and when the buses start to run.

We found that the buses to MK were always the first buses to start running (about 7am), so you may not have an issue. Plus the bus to MK only served one of the all stars, which is a great help.