Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
"Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon" Is Now Open At Universal Orlando

inline image"Tonight Show" host Jimmy Fallon celebrated the grand opening of Universal Orlando Resort's newest ride, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. The all-new ride takes guests on an action-packed race through the Big Apple against Jimmy Fallon himself, and completely immerses them in the world of America’s favorite talk show – "The Tonight Show."

Jimmy Fallon kicked off the celebration with a New York-style ticker tape parade in Universal Studios Florida that featured tons of confetti, a custom float and beloved Universal Orlando characters. Joining Jimmy on the float were "Tonight Show" house band The Roots, announcer Steve Higgins, and an array of characters from the show, including Hashtag the Panda, the Ragtime Gals barbershop quartet, and even Stepdad Gary from the popular "Ew!" sketch. The moment culminated with a countdown to the official opening of the attraction and a special ribbon cutting.

The ride, Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon, replaces "Twister Ride It Out, which closed in November 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rtnyjf.jpg
Views:	83497
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	63919   Click image for larger version

Name:	image004.jpg
Views:	82507
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	63920  
Old 7 Apr 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
redjack
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 27
Guidebook Photos: 1460
Guidebook Reviews: 2
we managed to try this attraction 10 days ago and they show some of the highlights from some of his shows which are very funny and a great way of passing the time while you are queueing the ride itself is a simulator which does throw you about a bit and in our opinion a much better attraction than Twister
redjack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm sorry to say, I have no desire to go on this ride 🙈 A better attraction than Twister doesn't take a lot of doing 😂😂
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Yet another simulator/screen attraction at Universal. That's all they do. Give me animatronics!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Did this a couple of days ago. Early morning so not too busy- thought it was ok but the waiting around seemed endless even with the entertainment. Saw it pm and the queue was enormous!
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

We rode this on technical rehearsal and really would NOT do it again. Found it to be unfunny and just a bit rubbish
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

I've heard mixed reviews from various vloggers
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

I went on this with fairly low expectations based on reviews but honestly, I really enjoyed it. Yes, it's nothing groundbreaking, basically like Star Tours but with a much bigger vehicle. That said, the content itself was absurd to the extreme, it took me really by surprise just how silly the actual ride video was, even by Fallon's standards, but in that sense, it was a great experience, I laughed countless times and found the ride experience very pleasurable. Using an Express Pass, it was 6 minutes from entering the building to being in the final pre-ride room where you are rapped the safety instructions, allowing minimal time to see the exhibits, but no issue to me, I'm not at all versed on the Tonight Show's history. The whole day at USF was great on our trip, and RTNY did nothing to diminish it IMO - as entertaining as Twister was, I enjoyed this more for sure, despite my reservations I think it's a worthy replacement.
Old 9 May 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
I went on this with fairly low expectations based on reviews but honestly, I really enjoyed it. Yes, it's nothing groundbreaking, basically like Star Tours but with a much bigger vehicle. That said, the content itself was absurd to the extreme, it took me really by surprise just how silly the actual ride video was, even by Fallon's standards, but in that sense, it was a great experience, I laughed countless times and found the ride experience very pleasurable. Using an Express Pass, it was 6 minutes from entering the building to being in the final pre-ride room where you are rapped the safety instructions, allowing minimal time to see the exhibits, but no issue to me, I'm not at all versed on the Tonight Show's history. The whole day at USF was great on our trip, and RTNY did nothing to diminish it IMO - as entertaining as Twister was, I enjoyed this more for sure, despite my reservations I think it's a worthy replacement.
I would agree with all of this, our experience was very similar and I really enjoyed the ride too having gone in with low expectations .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

thanks for the review
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List