Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Oct 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

Alamo Brits price drop November 18 - has dropped again

Hello,

Have just booked car hire from Alamo Brits and all the November prices have dropped by £100's

A standard SUV today is £422 for 2 weeks and a couple of days ago was £810.90, so may be worth a look if you're going in November 2018.

Needed an extra driver so this is cheaper although if you only needed one driver others would maybe be better.

Hope this is of use to someone
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2

Edited at 12:32 PM.
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, they seem to have some good prices for other times too. I booked a standard SUV with for our trip at the end of August and early September for £309 last night. Best price I’d seen for ages, Virgin wanted £431 for the exact same. Very reasonable prices and cheaper than what we paid 2 years ago for th same vehicle and hire period (12 nights).
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Yes, they seem to have some good prices for other times too. I booked a standard SUV with for our trip at the end of August and early September for £309 last night. Best price I’d seen for ages, Virgin wanted £431 for the exact same. Very reasonable prices and cheaper than what we paid 2 years ago for th same vehicle and hire period (12 nights).
That's a really good price. I actually think it's so much more expensive than when we went in May but as this was a bit more of a last minute type I couldn't believe how expensive everywhere's been for November. Am hoping for a better price for our next years trip.
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Susanjane View Post
That's a really good price. I actually think it's so much more expensive than when we went in May but as this was a bit more of a last minute type I couldn't believe how expensive everywhere's been for November. Am hoping for a better price for our next years trip.
Fingers crossed for a good price for your trip next year 🤞
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Alamo cancellation

I booked via Alamo Brits earlier in the year for our trip on 20th next month. I checked in and did skip the counter yesterday, but now learn that we may not be able to go after all. I won't know definitely until 2 weeks before the trip

Has anyone cancelled after doing skip the counter; is it possible?

Grateful for any info.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Wish the prices would drop a bit for August nex5 year
Old 14 Oct 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JimF View Post
I booked via Alamo Brits earlier in the year for our trip on 20th next month. I checked in and did skip the counter yesterday, but now learn that we may not be able to go after all. I won't know definitely until 2 weeks before the trip

Has anyone cancelled after doing skip the counter; is it possible?

Grateful for any info.
It’s the same process as if you hadn’t done it, just cancel and you will be refunded in 3/4 days.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Just a heads up about Brits bookings for Oct/Nov.

I have amended mine 6 times since I booked it with Brits. Today Netflights is £10 cheaper. One driver is all I need.

I think it will trend down to circa £15 cheaper so am watching it like a hawk.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks Mr M - have been watching Alamo Brits and BA Avis for a while - AB were really expensive and their prices have definitely dropped. BA Avis also offer an extra driver as part of their Executive Club and bonus Avios too so at least now there is a choice as similar prices.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
It’s the same process as if you hadn’t done it, just cancel and you will be refunded in 3/4 days.
Thank you very much. Really helpful.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List