Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Oct 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Where do you park at Heathrow?

Prices seem really expensive for next year. Way more than we’ve paid in the past.

We used to use purple parking and last time the premier inn meet & greet parking package was pretty reasonable and really convenient but I understand they no longer do that now holiday extras have taken over.

So, who have you booked with for this/next year?
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SRB-93
Trying for More Ears

£123 for One night stay, Heathrow Hoppa and 14 days parking at the Renaissance Hotel T3.
SRB-93 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

We are using Premier Bath Road. £122 total for one night with parking at the hotel and then 12 days with Park and Fly parking. Park at the hotel overnight and then drive to the airport where they take your car and redeliver it when you return.

Booked with Holiday Extras via the link on the Moneysaving expert.co.uk site for additional discount. Seemed convenient and a reasonable price.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

Premier Inn still doing meet and greet via Holiday Extras.
Double Tree by Hilton one night stay and parking
15 nights meet and greet parking £158.10
dippy lippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stuiedo
Proud to wear my Ears

Staying at the Marriot the night before on Bath Road, and then leaving car there for 15 nights. £250.
stuiedo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m getting £188 for 1 night stay at premier inn and 18 nights parking, guess that’s about right then. Will try the money saving expert link see if I can bring it down a bit.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We live in Ascot which is not far from Heathrow so usually get a taxi but for reason's I cant remember we decided to park at Heathrow for two weeks back in 2014.
From what I can remember it was just over £100 for two weeks in the official Heathrow long term car park.
Always worth checking their site from time to time as they do have deals on sometimes.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We live very close to Heathrow, but will be using one of Heathrow’s official car parks this year as we don’t want to use taxis and our flights are at awkward times for getting lifts or using public transport. My main reason for using them is because we get to keep our car keys, there is no way that I would leave the keys with a company. I’ve seen numerous fields filled with cars from Heathrow in the last few years that have no planning permission and no security. At one stage Heathrow cars were even being left in a Tesco car park😡
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Just looking at the official Heathrow long stay (for T3), cheapest is £78 and 7 to 15 mins transfer time. Has anyone used this one? The closer business car park shoots up to £142 and still a 5 - 7 min transfer. Think we’ve been spoilt by the purple parking meet and greet (drop off at terminal) in the past but that’s shot up to £160.

ETA £136 for PP with a 15% discount. Decisions decisions.

Edited at 10:10 AM.
Old 17 Oct 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDisney
I have Ears

We parked at the official Heathrow Long stay (for T3) for 3 weeks this August. Number plate recognition to get in and out, and got lucky with the wait for the bus - about 3 mins each way. It worked out cheapest for us, and was pretty convenient. Will use again unless the short stay comes up at the same price (no chance!).
FloridaDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List