Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Oct 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevo safc
Earning More Ears

Mobile Rosen Inn near Universal to Disney parks

Hi

What are the best transportation options from Rosen Inn closest to Universal into the Disney parks. We have a car so we will drive there a few times but having to pay $25 every time for parking is a bit offputting so I'm looking into other options.

We will probably use Uber at some point, does anyone have a rough estimate of the price from Rosen Inn Universal to Disney?

We've also heard of people using the Lynx buses as you can buy a weekly pass for quite cheap, does anybody know what number buses and stops we would need to take and how is the journey time?

Hope somebody can answer my questions.

Thanks

Nathan
Stevo safc is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Is that the Shingle Creek?
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Not sure which Rosen you're at but if youre on I Drive I know you can catch the No 8 Lynx service to Sea World, then the 50 goes from there to Magic Kingdom Ticket & Transportation Centre

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevo safc
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
Not sure which Rosen you're at but if youre on I Drive I know you can catch the No 8 Lynx service to Sea World, then the 50 goes from there to Magic Kingdom Ticket & Transportation Centre
Hi, sorry I wasn't very clear about the Rosen Inn, its the Rosen Inn International right beside the huge McDonald's.

I'll definitely take a look at that bus route thank you.
Stevo safc is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I wouldn't even attempt to get the bus(es) it will take around an hour and a half, could be longer. Uber estimator gives a price of $15 just now.

There are 3 Rosen Inns on Drive so make sure you know which one it is if you decide to go the taxi route
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Uber would def be best. Bus is very easy to take though you need to change bus at sea world
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. A return trip by Uber is going to be more than the car park charge so the maths just doesn't work out sorry.

Plus if you are going to be leaving a hire car usused you possible should revisit the idea of actually having one.

The bus will be the cheapest but my god what a big chunk you are going to lose out of your day. Circa 3 hours I would guess or certainly near that.

Best of luck in your decision making but my view is use the car.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm at the Rosen Shingle Creek next year. On Universal Boulevard. I have free ≈≈≈≈ng through booking with BA. It should be I think $18.00 a day. But I couldn't be without a car on any of my USA trips, no matter what. Hate waiting for busses and taxis plus you're tied to times.

Edited at 07:07 AM.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevo safc
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Yeah I think driving does look the best option, rather pay the $25 and get there in decent time and probably makes park hopping a bit easier. Thanks everybody for the advice.
Old 17 Oct 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Rosen nearest universal is... the nearest one to universal! (its opposite the old ponderosa!)

Rosen Inn International is nearer the sand lake junction (dennys)

Rosen Inn Pointe is other end near the upside down house.

Rosen Plaza just past Pointe.

Rosen Centre just other side of convention centre.

Rosen Shingle creek (beautiful hotel) off universal boulevard near the 528

Sea world, universal yeah uber. Disney... drive