Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Oct 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Reducing your parking costs at Disney

Let me start by saying that we always hire a car and pay for parking...

Friend is out there at the moment and lets say he's never happy paying for parking. (From Yorkshire.) ... in protest / "playing Disney" at their own game in his words he did this yesterday..

He drove down to Disney springs first thing in the morning, parked the car for free and then ordered an Uber to Magic kingdom... (from Strawberry lot)

Spent full day in Magic Kingdom until about 5pm, got the direct bus from MK to Disney Springs (which starts at 4pm.) ... then went to TRex for evening meal.

Total parking cost was the uber for $10. - so over 8 days, $120 savings..

Not a case of abusing the system, its utilising the options Disney provide. Wont be long before others start doing this now.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02

Edited at 01:36 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Lets be honest you can't blame him. I lay odds Disney Springs charge from next year.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Lets be honest you can't blame him. I lay odds Disney Springs charge from next year.
I agree... he also said he has found some non restricted street parking near by and plans to maybe to park there too once hes double checked he wont get towed ! thats a $8 uber ride but means having to get a uber back there instead of the free Disney bus to springs..

I also see Disney will charge for springs for maybe anything over 4 hours in the future... time will tell..
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

I was surprised that parking charges at DS weren't introduced when new garages were constructed, as Downtown Disney at Anaheim have been charging for years.
Now with resort parking charges also coming, DS parking fees will be here soon too.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

am i alone in thinking that charging for DS parking is a bad idea?

certainly will put me off going and spending my money there... its like charging at the outlet malls (i know part of it is still free)... i will just take my money elsewhere.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

I thought you could get the bus to magic kingdom from disney springs aswell? So surely you could get in for free?

We always stay in disney hotels so currently this does not cost us anything
Old 18 Oct 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Maybe they will charge but you can get it as a credit towards buying something?
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

just had a think - do they charge to park at the water parks? If not they have buses to and from most places!
Old 18 Oct 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
am i alone in thinking that charging for DS parking is a bad idea?

certainly will put me off going and spending my money there... its like charging at the outlet malls (i know part of it is still free)... i will just take my money elsewhere.
No, you are not alone. Disney Springs is nothing but a shopping mall and, I would imagine, that Disney want as many people as possible there spending their cash. Adding parking charges will put many off going.

What they could do, however, is add a parking charge but make it refundable against a sale ($25 to park but get $25 off a purchase) or, as mentioned above, limit the amount of time you can park there.

Edit: Sorry Disneybear, didn't see your response.

Edited at 12:26 PM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
just had a think - do they charge to park at the water parks? If not they have buses to and from most places!
Not currently no. I didn't think the water parks had direct buses anywhere except DS?

You could also make these car parks barrier controlled and just lock them after the water park closes - which is quite early compared to the main parks.