Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Oct 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
So are people only allowed to comment if they agree that what your friend does is a good idea then?!🤔
It called keeping a thread on topic.

There's plenty of thread's on this forum relating to the bus routes to and from DS, how that option is not viable for most, opinions etc etc... its been discussed many times.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Back in the day I used to park at Downtown Disney, the end near Disney Quest and catch the bus to the park, it used to stop at a water park and then onto TTC. Going it was fine but afterwards not so good, the bus used to stop at 2 or 3 DD stops before getting to where the car was, then the drive back to the villa, the poor kids were shattered.

Having spent so much for tickets I do begrudge paying to park in order to use them but as others have said no one is forcing me to go. In Belgium and Germany, they charge you to use the toilets at theme parks, well the attendant practically blocks the entrance until you tip him or her.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Well this thread has gone off in the direction of people getting buses from DS to the parks and how its not worth it etc etc..

...that's not the point of this thread.
Sorry can you please explain what the point of this thread is then- I thought it was about reducing the cost of parking at Disney ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Sorry can you please explain what the point of this thread is then- I thought it was about reducing the cost of parking at Disney ?
I could be wrong but I think the problem is that people are saying about the fact that buses don't run from DS until 11 a.m. Meaning that so much time would be gone before getting to a park, therefore not worth the saving.

The OP had said their friend parked for free at DS early in the morning and then got an urber to the park costing $10, then getting the bus from the park to DS later in the afternoon/evening then the buses are running from the park.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Let me start by saying that we always hire a car and pay for parking...

Friend is out there at the moment and lets say he's never happy paying for parking. (From Yorkshire.) ... in protest / "playing Disney" at their own game in his words he did this yesterday..

He drove down to Disney springs first thing in the morning, parked the car for free and then ordered an Uber to Magic kingdom... (from Strawberry lot)

Spent full day in Magic Kingdom until about 5pm, got the direct bus from MK to Disney Springs (which starts at 4pm.) ... then went to TRex for evening meal.

Total parking cost was the uber for $10. - so over 8 days, $120 savings..

Not a case of abusing the system, its utilising the options Disney provide. Wont be long before others start doing this now.
Well, he could just reduce the amount he tips to compensate for the price increase...

... runs away to get tin hat...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Well this thread has gone off in the direction of people getting buses from DS to the parks and how its not worth it etc etc..

...that's not the point of this thread.
Is this not what a lot of threads do, I was of the understanding people can add as they please to a post within reason, but the fact the thread has wandered in different directions is not a bad thing.
Old 19 Oct 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
Having spent so much for tickets I do begrudge paying to park in order to use them but as others have said no one is forcing me to go. In Belgium and Germany, they charge you to use the toilets at theme parks, well the attendant practically blocks the entrance until you tip him or her.
Definitely didn't have to pay for the toilet at Phantasialand when we went 2 years ago.
Old 19 Oct 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
The only time we have dodged the parking fee was once when we needed to enter Hollywood Studios on our last day to pick up a cutlery set that had been sourced for us.
It was the only place in WDW that had any stock !
We had just planned to do Fantasia Golf that day by the Swan and Dolphin.
The parking at the Golf was free and after we had finished we walked over to have an icecream and milkshake at the Dolphin and hopped on a boat there to HS.
We weren't gone more than a couple of hours and was a bit worried about leaving the car but all was fine.
Not sure you could leave it there all day though ...but there was no way we were going to pay the parking fee just for the time it took to collect the set !
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I too believe in saving money on parking and in the UK will avoid as much as I can by parking a little further away from a location for free.
The idea of using DS and Uber is a good one for now and is not breaking any rules I know of as their is nothing saying the parking is guest for DS its for all Disney Guests.
I have in the past parked for a game of golf and then walked over to epcot for fireworks which avoided paying for parking.
I think Disney will start to charge at DS and possibly use the scheme of 2 hours free or validate parking with purchase for 5 hours , or something similar. This way you would not be able to get to and park and back within the time.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Total parking cost was the uber for $10. - so over 8 days, $120 savings..
Maybe it's just me, but for $120 over 8 days on a holiday costing many 000s I'd much rather spend the time taken faffing about doing all that, in the parks enjoying my well earned break with my family.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List