Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Nov 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando2
Excited about Disney

California Grill

I have been hearing recently that the food quality of California Grill has gone down hill and it can be hit and miss?

Anyone been recently? is it worth the money?
orlando2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

The last time I went was in February this year so not sure if that qualifies as recently! But it was my third time for brunch there and CG brunch remains one of my favourite meals anywhere in the world with awesome food, service and atmosphere. So to me the food quality in February this year was still fantastic, as were my previous experiences with CG brunch last year and the year before.

(I must admit I've never eaten any other meal besides brunch at CG though, so can't comment about the food quality of those meals...)
Old 14 Nov 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went in August twice for dinner and twice for brunch absolutely loved it can’t wait to go back 😀
Old 14 Nov 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lady hiss
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We ate there twice three weeks ago, once in the evening and the Sunday brunch. On both occasions the food and service were superb so in our opinion a definite must do.
lady hiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Also just to add - Sunday brunch at CG is one of the few meals at WDW that every single review I've read raves about. It's pricey but seriously worth it in my opinion. After my first brunch there it became the one ADR I would book every single trip after. And now thinking about it, I'm actually sad that I won't be able to go there on my upcoming Disney trip as wrong Disney resort (not WDW)!
Old 14 Nov 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sorry to high jack, but has anyone managed to book California grill brunch for may yet? My ADR booking day is on Sunday and the first two Sundays are either unavailable or fully booked. Just worried that they are stopping it!
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat22 View Post
Sorry to high jack, but has anyone managed to book California grill brunch for may yet? My ADR booking day is on Sunday and the first two Sundays are either unavailable or fully booked. Just worried that they are stopping it!
I booked the 5th May last week for Brunch looking forward to it.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
I booked the 5th May last week for Brunch looking forward to it.
Thanks for letting me know. I was convinced that they were going to stop it when I wanted to go! I watched a vlog the other day and a table of six got through 7 or 8 bottles of champagne! Bring it on, can’t wait!
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat22 View Post
I wanted the first Sunday of May but only time slots available at 180 days were after 12 & I think they've now all gone. I ended booking for the Sunday before. Don't wish to burst your bubble but I think the second Sunday maybe Mother's day so you may struggle for that date. Just keep checking & hopefully some availability will pop up.
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by suecee View Post
I wanted the first Sunday of May but only time slots available at 180 days were after 12 & I think they've now all gone. I ended booking for the Sunday before. Don't wish to burst your bubble but I think the second Sunday maybe Mother's day so you may struggle for that date. Just keep checking & hopefully some availability will pop up.
I’m after the 19th, fingers crossed! x