Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Jul 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Advice please

We have 300 points use year is April home resorts BCV,SSR and AKL my wife is having second thoughts about going next year. So my options are to make some reservations for later next year through social media or alternatively rent them out through someone like Davids.I would welcome anyone's thoughts
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, If you're absolutely certain that you won't be using your points yourself, then it makes sense to find someone who needs them.
I rented some of our points through David's - it was easy to do and not too much trouble making the reservations for people. The only thing I found with using our points that way was that David's pay in US$ - so you're pretty much governed by the exchange rate.
I have also rented from an owner on the DIBB... that was also trouble free and easy.
You could do a transfer of your points into another owner's account (can only do one transfer per use year and cannot transfer banked points)
I'm sure you'd have no problem finding someone whatever you decide
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you much appreciated.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
We have 300 points use year is April home resorts BCV,SSR and AKL my wife is having second thoughts about going next year. So my options are to make some reservations for later next year through social media or alternatively rent them out through someone like Davids.I would welcome anyone's thoughts
Sorry you won't be going in 2021 but as for making some reservations for later next year, with an April Use-Year I would consider making reservations as early as possible with your 11-month booking window especially at BCV in a studio over the 4th July week and depending on how many BCV points you have then maybe even two separate reservations. Also consider booking a value studio at AKV over that same week.

But to ensure you get to include the 4th July (especially in a value) I would start walking your reservations sometime this week and gradually move the reservations every 3-5 days until you have the first week of July.

I believe a BCV studio for a week over 4th July requires 127-points which is 7-fewer points than this year, while an AKV value requires 81 which is also 7-fewer points, that's because they added two extra seasons for 2021 and adjusted the points.

Consider renting your SSR points through the Dibb first and give it a try as soon as possible, if no takers then contact David's and by then you might also have the 4th July reservations.

Good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List