Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 10 Aug 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Reflections - Erased From History.

Looks like it’s gone for good.

Before and after on the D23 website- now removed.

Hopefully one day we will see a River Country / Wild West style DVC with lazy river instead- now that would sell.

Old 11 Aug 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I watched the DisDVC vlog talk about this a few weeks ago, they were firmly in the it's a mistake camp as they believed it was a "seller"! Interestingly they also thought that DVD are going to have to change tack on Riveria, it's just not selling in the numbers they want, & in their opinion (and many others) it's the Resale restrictions.
As much as I would love to own at "Refections", I believe that they would be pricing so high that it would be an unachievable dream !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Are we surprised?!
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Interestingly they also thought that DVD are going to have to change tack on Riveria, it's just not selling in the numbers they want, & in their opinion (and many others) it's the Resale restrictions.:
This is probably a crazy thought but in my opinion the Disney Vacation Club guides are the best people to get the Riveria restrictions changed. If they unite and say the biggest objection they are getting is the Riveria restrictions you would think they could get it changed. I mean without the restriction they could say something such as "I had an owner buy Bay Lake Tower from me in 2009 for $95 per point and because of vacation changes they just had to sell and they sold it for $140 per point." The guide is not giving a guarantee that the price will go up but just giving an example. With the restrictions the buyer probably doesn't see the same scenario happening.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 11 Aug 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
zavandor
Earning More Ears

I would be surprised if weren't the guides to ask for something that would differentiate more direct and resale.
They now sell a unique product, a resort with access to the Disney Vacation Club. Resale purchasers at Riviera buy just one single resort. That alone will make a big difference in the future.
Currently the 14 legacy resorts are still a very good option, but 5 drop out in 2042 and no crescen lake option will remain at that time. If they are in for the long run, the restrictions will play out well for DVD (and the guides). Maybe the current emergency might force them to reconsider for the short term gain.
zavandor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
Resale purchasers at Riviera buy just one single resort. That alone will make a big difference in the future.
When you say "big difference in the future" I am trying to figure out what you mean. The resale prices for Riveria will be super low in the future? The resale prices for Riveria will be high in the future? Or the big difference has nothing to do with prices?

Thanks,
Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 12 Aug 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
On a recent Disvlog,they are partnered with TTS so always have at least one rep on, they said that of the Riveria contracts sold the price has ranged from $100 - $140/ point at that lower end that's nearly 50% of the value lost in under 12 months!
TBH I'm surprised that Disney are still pushing ahead with the SW Hotel.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
zavandor
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
When you say "big difference in the future" I am trying to figure out what you mean. The resale prices for Riveria will be super low in the future? The resale prices for Riveria will be high in the future? Or the big difference has nothing to do with prices?

Thanks,
Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Yes, I mean resale prices.
Currently Riviera contracts on the resale markets are very few and difficult to find. An owner looking to add on to other qualified points may not care too much about the resale restrictions. This is keeping the prices at reasonable levels (still a bit lower than other resorts in the early months of active sales).
But in a few years I think offer will exceed demand and prices will drop. I can easily see Riviera being the lowest priced resort on the resale market. By some margin. The new Disneyland hotel tower will be affected less by the restrictions because I guess most people who will buy there will do so for DLR visits.
zavandor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
I can easily see Riviera being the lowest priced resort on the resale market. By some margin. The new Disneyland hotel tower will be affected less by the restrictions because I guess most people who will buy there will do so for DLR visits.
Wow! If Riviera was below Vero Beach that would be crazy. Of course, maybe you only mean lowest priced Walt Disney resort.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 13 Aug 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

50% reduction in your ‘investment’ after 12 months is a useful warning to anyone considering this.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List