Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
I refused a plumber the other day though with no mask, he said he didn't need to wear one and that he hadn't got the virus 😂
I politely told him to go and sling his hook 😠😆
Next plumber came, mask, visor and gloves, job done 👍
Good on you for refusing the cowboy plumber to go into your house as he sounds like a complete idiot ("I don't have the the virus").
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
I'm sure my landlord didnt agree, as he hasnt done anything bad in the 8years we have been here. My husband didnt have his top on as it's super hot in the flat. Not sure why he would think we were out as my landlord knows we are both working from home.

I'm too shocked to be angry.
I’m a really private person, I even close the blinds when I’m home alone because I’m paranoid about people seeing me when they’re walking past (I do have clothes on!) and it would really shake me up if someone just walked in! I’d report it to your landlord anyway and let them have a word if it’s a regular electrician they use.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Good on you for refusing the cowboy plumber to go into your house as he sounds like a complete idiot ("I don't have the the virus").
I know 😂 good job DH wasn't here, he wouldn't have been very happy 😆
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

OP when he comes back ask the electrician for his address as you would like to walk in his house later without knocking.

Disney332
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
OP when he comes back ask the electrician for his address as you would like to walk in his house later without knocking.

Disney332
Maskless 😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I think you should report this to your landlord. As a LL I would want to know if contractors behaved this way and also did not respect Covid issues.

A quick email will do, just let them know.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I'd be ringing the landlord before they come back.

No one has the right to enter your property without your permission. Ask the landlord why you weren't notified of the visit and if it's inconvenient ask him to rearrange.

If you'd like the contractor to wear msks please tell you landlord. They are his contractor and his responsibility.

Now lock the door too
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

A year or so ago, we had new power cables installed out in the street, overhead ones. The house was freezing all day with no power on.
I walked into my front room and saw a massive cherry picker thing on my front drive. No permission asked or given! Bloody cheek!
I dont often need Any tradesmen in, my husband can do everything, but carpet fitters are our only trades we make use of. I would have no problem telling them to mask up, and would hit the roof if they walked in uninvited! !
Old 12 Aug 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

They apologised, they thought we weren't in. I have notified my landlord about it too.
Old 12 Aug 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

A few weeks ago my DD was on her day off from work, still sleeping, when she was woken up by a knock on her bedroom door. Assuming it was her flatmate, she shouted for the person to come in, and it was 2 blokes there to fit new carpets throughout the flat! The girls knew the landlord had arranged new carpets but hadn't had any word on when the fitters were coming around. My DD quickly got up and went to get her shower but discovered that the carpet fitters had filled the bathroom with furniture from the hallway already so she phoned a friend, gathered her things for the day and she got showered and ready at her friends house.

Turns out the letting agent had phoned my DD's flatmate just half an hour before (so not much notice), to say they were coming, but the flatmate had been staying at her boyfriends and assumed my DD would be at work so it would be fine for them to let themselves in Communication (or lack thereof) seems to be the key in these situations.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List