Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Run 2 done. Felt a bit tougher, although the time went quicker.

As someone who is not a natural runner but is doing a half marathon on Sunday, this is extremely true!
Old 22 May 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post

As someone who is not a natural runner but is doing a half marathon on Sunday, this is extremely true!
Thanks Kate. Hope it goes really well on Sunday.
Old 22 May 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Thanks Kate. Hope it goes really well on Sunday.
Thank you! Had the lurgy for a week so feeling nervous but I keep telling myself if I need to walk or slow down then that’s okay.
Old 23 May 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

This definitely works! I’m on week 2, completed my 2nd run yesterday and I can already feel a difference! My energy levels have increased, I feel lighter (less bloating from IBS I think rather than any weight loss) and I just have more ‘get up and go’. I’d definitely recommend couch25k, the short bursts of running make it so much more achievable! I look forward to my runs now!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I've just one run left to do on week 3 and am really enjoying it so far. You definitely get a buzz after doing it each time. Although I had to take painkillers going to bed last night as my legs were aching
Hoping to have it completed before we go to Florida
Old 23 May 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just done week 2 day 2. I’m suffering really bad with stitch half way through and its setting me back i’m pushing through the pain but its so frustrating
Old 23 May 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx View Post
Just done week 2 day 2. I’m suffering really bad with stitch half way through and its setting me back i’m pushing through the pain but its so frustrating
When you feel a stitch coming on try to remember your breathing! Deep breath in through the nose and out through the mouth, I find this helps to ease off the stitch pain, I also just slow my pace a bit if I feel a stitch coming. Keep at it, your doing great!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
When you feel a stitch coming on try to remember your breathing! Deep breath in through the nose and out through the mouth, I find this helps to ease off the stitch pain, I also just slow my pace a bit if I feel a stitch coming. Keep at it, your doing great!
It can also help to push your tummy out as you breath in.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx View Post
Hope you get through ok.

Old 23 May 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Great tips - thanks